Tuesday 10 January 2012

How many men does it take to lift a freezer?

We had to stay in today to wait for a freezer to be delivered.  I took Small to school then came home and Moo, Smallest and I had breakfast.  Smallest did his homework and Moo read to him.  Then we played some games.

At 11am I had a phone call telling me that my delivery would be there between 1pm and 5pm.  Great, thanks a lot, keep me waiting in till 11am till you tell me I could have gone out for the morning.  PAH,  well that meant we had to stay in,  takes an hour to get anywhere here, so by the time we got somewhere we'd have to come back.
We played some more.  Skyped Aunty A who told us when she was thinking of booking her flight to come out.  Moo finished her jigsaw, watched the birds and skyped her friend Badminton Babe.
Multi-tasking - they were both jigsawing and skyping

We made up a new game which entailed the three of us sitting on the kitchen floor, sliding a small plastic Barrell (from a pirate ship game) with a ball bearing in the bottom, across the floor to each other.  Smallest thought this was very funny and was diving and sliding all over the place.  It kept us amused until the delivery van got here.
Smallest playing with the block game - very educational

3pm.  I went outside to meet them and they asked where it was going.  I said "The Basement?" hoping if I made it a question they wouldn't tell me they can't take it down stairs.  They laughed and said "you English?"  How could they tell?  I only said two words.  They said it was sweet, the English accent.
Anyway two men carried the freezer while one man walked next to them, saying ooohhh and ahhhhhhh.  We had to take a bit of the sliding doors off so they could get through.  They bumped the freezer a bit trying to get round the stairs and then huffed and puffed going down the stairs.  When they got through the finished part of the basement to the louvre doors (to the unfinished part), they put the freezer down, scratched their heads (all three of them) and said - it won't fit through there.
I looked around worryingly because the bit they were in is where the boys play, watch tv, play wii etc - it's no place for a freezer!!
Well, they took the doors off, passed it through, put the doors back on and waved goodbye.  Have a nice day Ma'am they said.
Couldn't put it on for two hours, but it's on now.  Nothing is in it yet but if I start cooking then I'm sure it will get full soon.  Besides, Moo and I need to go shopping tomorrow - I'm sure we can find something to put in there.
Moo has been doing some more unpacking today.  Finding things I forgot we had.  Then we had the task of washing things and finding new homes for them or just putting them away till we could find new homes.
Yesterday we had a piece of post that was addressed to someone else at a different address.  Same road, same numbers but different order (a bit like that mastermind game from the 80's).  Anyhow, when Moo and I went walking yesterday we put it back in the post box.
This morning the post came and it was the same letter.  So when I picked Small up I drove along the road to find the right house with right number.  It doesn't exist.  I even asked in the Beer Store.  They suggest I write on it that it doesn't exist and put it back in the post box again. 
Guess what game we had to play again this evening before the boys bedtime?  Yep, Disney Monopoly!  I feel partly to blame because I was the one who decided to buy it for him for Christmas.  Moo won this time by lots. (she says "quite a bit actually".)

Well done to HB who had the first of five exams today. She felt she did well and didn't stress too much.  She's got a break for a bit now before the others.  Breathe HB and relax.

1 comment:

hayleysg said...

Thank you! I seemed to have missed that last part when I read it before. Also have been watching videos from the week before you left. Need to send you them or bring them with me when I come over.
HB xx