Tuesday 24 January 2012

Ice Zimmer

Thought I had published again but hadn't.  Whoops.

Monday

Nothing to report today.  The boys went off to school as normal, no hiccups, no forgotten lunches, no lost gloves, just on the bus.  hurrah well done Mummy.

I made myself do a workout as I have put on weight since being here.  Silly me, I thought the stress of moving here and leaving my family and friends would make the weight fall off me.  Pah!  Never.   May need to start up running again.

It was rain rain rain all day today.  The weather was a mere 5*.  I caught up with some emails and then headed off to the local town for a food shop.  I bumped into my lovely neighbours whilst there and promised to pop round later.

I popped into Canadian Tire and bought Smallest an Ice Skating Trainer.  it's a bit like a Zimmer Frame for the ice so that he can hold onto it and then when he feels more confident he can move it away slightly and skate towards it.  Hope it works.  We might see if we can find somewhere for us both to skate when Small is at school.

When I got home I put the shopping away, had lunch and then popped round to my neighbours for a cup of tea (they are English too but have lived here for many years).  I sat and chatted with them until the school bus arrived.

Small had a present in the mail.  A flexible wrestler that he wanted for his wrestling ring.  He was very happy.

I made dinner, they ate it and then we played Monopoly.  Arrrrgggghhhhhhhh I want to play something else.  Why is it always Monopoly.  This time it was the Leicestershire version, definitely different to Disney Monopoly and Junior Monopoly!  HONEST!!

Huffle and I put a couple of curtain poles up and hung some curtains.

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi famfa,
lovely to cu and smallest on skype uncle P enjoyed it too, will try and comment more but really lovin the blog we do read it every day honest !

famfa said...

Thanks aunt pear. I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty. It's just interesting to know who's reading x

Harborough Dad said...

A nice cup of tea with your neighbour, sounds like you are really settling in .... but wish you were here for a coffee in Costa.

Jumbleberriess xx