Friday 27 January 2012

SHAZAM

No school for the boys today as it is P.A. day. Not quite sure what this is but I know the teachers are still in school but all the kids aren't. Like a teacher training day?
So, with no kids to get ready for school, I decided to have a lie in. Ooh lovely. Huffle obviously woke me getting up early and leaving 'the big light' on in the bedroom, forgetting that I didn't need to get up! But I asked him to turn it off (heard him muttering oooooh maaaaaan when he remembered it was no school day!) and I snuggled back up under the quilt and lovely cosy blanket. Aahhhhhhhh.
Finally got up about 8, remembering that it was bin day. Arrrggggghhhhhhhhh. Ran downstairs, put my dressing gown on, followed by my coat followed by my snow boots. I would take a photo but honestly you wouldn't believe a lady (ahem) like me would be seen dead outside her house wearing snow boots, PJ's, dressing gown and snow coat!!! To cap it all it was raining. The drive looked clear so off I headed to the road to take three bin bags, one compost bin and two recycling boxes (three trips). The drive was treacherously slippy. Now I thought clearing the drive of snow yesterday would stop it being icy, but the parts we cleared were really icy and the bits we left weren't. Am I going about this all the wrong way round?
I ran around the drive chucking salt all over it (with bear hands) hoping it would all melt before I had to go out to take my car to the garage! My hands froze, the salt got into little cuts. Bloomin' country!
By the time I was in the warm, eating breakfast, the snow had started. Great big settling blizzarding snow.
I went back out and cleared the windscreen. It was about a centimetre thick with ice. Took some doing. The salt had been completely covered with snow. Aaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh.
Off we went to the garage, driving very carefully because the snow plough comes along at 5am not in the middle of the day. We got to the garage, left the car and walked to Tim Horton's across a housing estate and a construction site and then a really busy road. We were cold and wet but we had fun along the way, making new footprints and following the leaders' footprints. It took us about 30 mins. No-one here would think of walking there, which is why there aren't many paths along that route!
Fresh new footsteps
Follow the leader
More new steps


We had a little something to give us energy to get back, got warm and then out we went again.
A cinnamon frosted bun
Chocolate chunk cookie

This time it wasn't fun! It was really icy cold. The snow was blizzarding horizontally into our faces and it felt like grit in your eye and your cheeks. Small kept lagging behind and going too close to the road, I ended up screaming at them like a fish wife (not normal Honestly!!). It was not a pleasant trip back.
Still on the Elf theme - my feet!

Then it was back home, changed into to warm dry clothes, lunch. Moo skyped. She had been to visit LizzieDotDot and they had been to my favourite coffee shop back home. Sniff sniff, so sad, so jealous. I had an email from LizzieDotDot today saying she had a lovely time with Moo and thanking me for my parcel I sent. She sent a picture of Baby Bernard wearing the hat I knitted for him. (see the pompom isn't bigger than his head!!)
The gorgeous, Beautiful Baby Bernard (that's not his real name btw, you may have noticed everyone has a different name on this blog, but Bernard is the name he was given when he was inside LizzieDotDots tummy, so Bernard he will always be, ahhhhhhhhhhh)
Moo was also trying to work out dates for her next trip. We realised that here the Summer holidays are ten weeks, YES TEN WEEKS long. OMG. How will I cope. Normally I would fill my holidays up with lots of friends, trips to the park with friends, visits to family, days out with family and days out with friends. OMG. After the way the boys have been this morning I am dreading it already!!!!!!!!!
I have to say this afternoon they have been lovely. We played ...... Wait for it....... Can you guess? .........
YES Disney Monopoly! hurray. We've not played it for, what?, two days. WOW. I won. The boys then tidied the basement and watched Ratatouille (not because it is a character from Disney Monopoly - NO!) It kept them quiet anyway while I went outside and brought back the recycling boxes and then cleared the drive and salted it again. It is horrible outside now. All slushy and wet and yucky!
Quiet little boys happily watching a film
Lovely clear drive all salted. Don't you dare snow now!!!,,,

Smallest and I made pizza for tea. We also made dough sticks but we were flinging them into the air and we dropped a few on the floor. Whoops (don't tell Small!).
My little pizza chef
The boys enjoying their pizza

We thought Mr Mouse was gone. No traps set off, nothing disturbed, no poo. But today, Huffle went to a cupboard where it used to go and found he had had a good chomp on the wrapper of the Magic Powder (maaaan we forgot to put it in another container!). Maybe he needed some magic!!!! **SHAZAM**

Happy 41st wedding anniversary to Grandma and Grandad
X X x x


No comments: