Tuesday 31 January 2012

It's colder there than here?

It snowed all last evening steadily and this is what it looked like outside before we went to bed.
This morning the snow was thick on my windscreen.

We skyped Moo and she told us it was really cold in the UK.  What?  Our temperature was 6* and it was 1* there.  But they were getting more and more cold with snow forecast for the weekend.  She couldn't believe that it was colder there than here.  Pah - that's not cold, silly.
My legs ache, my stomach aches, my arms ache, my feet ache - I've got that awful illness called "I forgot to stretch after my running yesterday!"  DOH!
Smallest and I went out this morning.  He got a much needed haircut.  I got a much needed new shovel (wide one), we took Small's age 10 jeans back and got some age 12 instead.  They fit in the waist and are a little bit long but better.
 "Smart smeller"

I also bought smallest a helmet for snowboarding, ice-skating and sledging (it's the law for his age).  He is very excited because the lady in the shop told him he had special ear bits so that when Mummy shouts him he can hear!!  We'll see!
We got a letter today....................

My wonderful friend Aunty Miaow is getting married this year back in Blighty.  What a lovely couple they are.
Smallest and I went out and shovelled the drive.  I didn't need a coat or gloves.  We shovelled and shovelled and I think we did a good job.
Smallest with his shovel
Smallest with our new shovel
We were still shovelling when Small got off the bus.  He helped us and told us the snow was just right for making a snowballs, snowmen and forts.  So..............
We had loads of fun.
  We made Bob the Snowman.  
Bob 'poggling'
Smallest said "I really want to cuddle him Mummy!". Go ahead then but let me get my camera first.
Small's snow fort.  He told me that I should have taken a photo later as it was much better than this photo!


.........and then had a sit down watching the sun go down drinking tea, hot choc and hot apple cider.  

Oh and a chocolate lollipop (think that was from Grandma at Christmas)
These photos are for you Aunt Pear especially, we know you like photos of the boys outside drinking.

I had to Skype Grandma and Grandad to tell them I was sitting on the verandah without a coat, hat or gloves watching the boys playing in the snow, while they were at home in the UK in the minus temperatures.  I got told off for laughing.

NOTE:  I keep being asked if we found the trap and caught the mouse.  Well, just to clarify, we found the mouse trap and there was a mouse in it.  He was caught and he was dead.  Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

P.s.  the cat did a whoopsy on the carpet ;)


2 comments:

Harborough Dad said...

It is soooo cold here at the moment, it even snowed on the school run yesterday morning! I'm not happy about it, so bought myself some daffodils and pretended it was Spring.

Is the hot apple cider alcoholic? If so, have a couple for me ;0).

Jumbleberries xx

famfa said...

No it's not alcoholic. You can get it but it's just pressed apples