Monday 16 January 2012

On a school bus

Just wanted to share this with you.

  I remember when we had these funny tags on bread in the UK in the seventies/eighties.  I remember them being a pain because you could never get them back on the packets.  Now we have them here.  How annoying.

 

It was the first day of the boys going to school on the bus.  A proper yellow school bus, just like the one in my favourite film 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.  I have taught the kids to say "Bet yer never smelt a real school bus before", again from the film.  Unfortunately every time they see a school bus now they say it.  So if there is a car park full of school buses, imagine how annoying that is!  Whoops!

Anyway, they got to school okay on it.  There was a bit of a problem coming home on it because Smallest took too long getting his snow pants, hat, gloves and boots on that the bus was held up slightly.  Bless, he's only 'ickle.  

Moo and I had a leisurely breakfast and then did a few errands before settling in at the local town's coffee shop with a coffee and a muffin.  

We found two snowboards at a very reasonable price in a Thrifty shop.  One for me and one for Smallest.  Now we have one each, and they cost less than the price of hiring them!  Cool.

Moo sat and answered her emails on the IPad while I wrote (with pen and paper) to a few friends.  I looked at her at one point and said "is this right? You're older than me and yet here I am writing in the old fashioned way and you are sitting there with the latest technology using the cafe's wi-fi!" Whatever next?

We came home, and wrapped some things ready for Moo to take back with her.  Started the dinner and waited for the school bus to come back with the boys.

Took a photo of our house whilst I was waiting- see that shovel?  I attempted to clear the drive but it was mainly ice - far too difficult to shovel that!

Then a close up so you could see Moo peeking through the window 

....and here is the school bus bringing my little boys back home



Just got off the bus and checking the mail

 

Smallest got a package in the mail (ssshhhhhh, don't tell him I put it there), he was very excited.

We finished our game of Monopoly that we started on Saturday.  Small won. 

The boys finished off their drawings for people back home.  

Am off to watch 'The Hotel' now.  We can't officially get channel 4 here but Huffle has fooled the computer into thinking we are still in the UK.  Brilliant.  This programme is supposed to be very funny.

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

was a funny programme
Moo

Anonymous said...

I remember the bread fasteners - we used to put them on the spokes of our bikes - think we thought it was cool to collect different colours! Hope Moo made it home safely, and thought it was very funny that you were writing proper old fashioned letters and Moo was e-mailing on the ipad! Love CherylD x

famfa said...

I remember putting smarties lids on my bike. They used to have letters and we'd try and spell our name! Btw cheryl stitch witchery is just iron on tape for us no see people! Thanks for commenting x