Wednesday 25 January 2012

You're missing a Flange!

 I decided to stay in today as I was expecting a call from the man across the road 'D' to give us a quote for our Dry Walling.  The boys went off on the school bus.

I had a 20 minute workout.  I tried to do longer but I got sidetracked by blogging!  I blogged whilst on the bike.  It keeps you from wondering how long you've been on there but it also slows you down because of typing and leaving comments etc.

I booked my car in the garage.  I had a letter from Toyota saying that there may be a problem with a defective airbag which may cause a problem with a defective seatbelt.  Whatever is or is not the problem, they are going to look at it on Friday.  I think the boys are both off school then so I thought we could have a walk around for a hour (hope weather ok) while they are doing the work.

I mopped and swiffed and polished and bleached and disinfected and vacuumed until it was lunchtime.

Moo skyped me while I was having my lunch.  We had an odd conversation about ski's!!  She is also off to visit LizzieDotDot on Friday and gets to cuddle the Baby.  Awwwww that's not fair.  I want to cuddle him!

I popped over to another neighbours house today.  We met at a party after Christmas.  Lovely couple with a sweetie pie of a baby.  He asked so many questions I was exhausted when I left!   He made me laugh and she made the most amazing chocolate I have ever tasted.  It had big nuts in it and I didn't like nuts till I came here!  I wonder why?  Maybe they taste different in Canada.  Anyway, just in case he is reading this, I really like them.  No, I do really!  On the way from their house I bumped into our English neighbour and had a quick chat with him.  The bus passed by while I was there so I ran down the drive and the street and caught up with the boys.

Mrs Chappo skyped me and we had a lovely conversation about snowboarding and skiing and kids.  Skype kept cutting out for some reason - must be the inferior connection in the UK (he he he).  While talking to her there was knocking a the door.  It was 'D' to look at the dry walling (or lack of).

Mrs Chappo.  Doesn't she look happy.

Mrs Chappo (who is an expert in footprints!?!? Said this was a wolf print - oh okay thank you)

He stayed for about 1.5 hours.  'D' not the Wolf!  Lots of things need sorting correctly, like wiring, plug sockets, lights etc. But he can do it all.  We need to get better heating for the loft and it will take a lot of dry wall to cover the loft space.  While looking at the lights (pot lights) he said "you're missing a flange" at this Huffle started to giggle and he told 'D' that it meant something different in English.  It didn't deter 'D' he said it another four times.  Huffle was very childish!  He wasn't brought up to be like that was he Grandma?

Just for clarification.  In the dictionary the word means : A ring or collar

In the Urban Dictionary it means:  an undesirable lady part!  I guess you can see why he was giggling! CHILDISH!

'D' is going to come back to us with a quote.

I madeTurkey Burgers for the boys and Huffle and Lentil Veggie Burgers for me.  Yum yum.  Mine were lovely.  Huffle said his were lovely too.  The boys are having theirs tomorrow, so we'll see.

turkey burgers made using turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, salt, pepper, egg, parsley, garlic

Lentil Veggie Burgers made using onion, mushroom, lentils, sweet potato, egg, breadcrumbs, peppers.  They look burnt but they're not.  HONEST!


Everett has told us to watch a new thing on Channel Four called 15 kids and counting so we are off to see if we can find it now.  thanks Everett.



 

4 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

If the print is as big as your hand it's a wolf:)

Harborough Dad said...

An "undesirable lady part" - that is going to keep me chuckling all day! I know, I'm very childish too.

Those burgers sound scrummy, can you send me the recipe for both when you get a chance as I would like to have a go at making them for the kids.

Get you, blogging and working out at the same time!!

Have a nice day.

Jumbleberries xx

famfa said...

It wasn't as big as a hand. Possibly a cat or small dog size.

Brenda B said...

Burgers look very yummy, I eat loads of vegetarian food as I love my veggies, so I'd eat either of them. You can tell I've been out of England too long when I agree with the repair chappie about what a flange is, and have never heard of the other meaning before!!

Hugs
Brenda