Wednesday 4 January 2012

Wrong side of the tracks

I can't believe it, but I didn't get up till 9am this morning.  OMG am I going to be in shock when the boys go back to school next week!

We had a Games Marathon today.  We played Disney Monolpoly, Marble Madness, 3D Snakes & Ladders, Pirate Lego Game ....... 

We went for a walk this afternoon.  We took back some bottles to the Beer Store (we got $1 for four wine bottles and 2 beer bottles), had a look around the local shop and then walked to a frozen lake.  We threw stones onto it to see how frozen it was (very).
We live close to the freight train tracks - Smallest, Small and Moo on the right side of the tracks.

On the tracks
....and the wrong side of the tracks

Not sure what Small was doing here but he asked me to take a photo!!

Walking - it wasn't nearly as cold today but still quite cold and biting!
The frozen lake
I asked Smallest to make the same shape as the sign above!
Then we messed about in the garden.  There is still a bit of snow around so the kids used their new slidey sledge.  It was quite Icy on top of the snow so they glided really well.  Each time they ended their sledging into the fence - we had to stop it in the end in case they broke the fence next door.

Small sliding

Smallest about to crash into the fence

When they got bored of that they played on the Jungle Jim.
Whhhheeeeeeeee

Then it was back to the games. I think I am winning at the moment.

Once the kids were in bed Moo and I managed to watch the end of Downton Abbey.  It was good, apparently the second series starts over here soon.  Should I watch it all over again?  I might!






No comments: