Thursday 19 January 2012

Robotic Beaver

No mouse action as we didn't put anything on the traps last night.  Although I have had a suggestion from Grandma via her friend.  Chew a toffee and then stick it on the trap.  When it hardens, that Mouse will not get it off without being caught!
Small got ready for the bus this morning.  All on time until we were about to walk out of the door and he shouted, have you done my lunch?  Whoops!  I have never made a packed lunch so quickly!  We made it with two minutes to spare.  phew!
Smallest and I played, read, bathed, tidied, cleaned, skyped.  And then we went to the library (in the car this time Moo, couldn't face the four hour walk again!).  We took back our books, read lots and picked up lots more.  We posted our letters to our friends The Jumbles.
It snowed all day today.  Steadily, sometimes blustery blizzardy.  Not too much.  Settling but not too bad.  Just been directed to a blog by a lady in Calgary and their temperature has been -47*.  What have I been moaning about?
It is snowing quite hard here but you can't really see it


We made flapjacks using Maple Syrup and Rice Pudding using short grain rice - Small's favourite is my Rice Pudding but we couldn't find pudding rice anywhere and the nice lady at Bulk Barn told us this rice was the same - the proof is in the pudding (he he he - shouldn't laugh at your own jokes, but if I don't nobody else will!).   This is the second time I have attempted Flapjack - normally a fail safe Recipe - last time it was chewy and almost uneatable.  Golden syrup is expensive here so I thought I would try Maple Syrup.  Well we are in Canada after all!
While Smallest played with his Lego, I went out and cleared the drive while I waited for Small to get off the bus.  It was a tough job all by myself but at least it was easily moveable.
I even cleared a path for everyone to walk to the car
Lovely clear drive

The boys tasted the flapjack and love it.  Maple syrup is the way to go from now on although I think I may have used a bit too much.  It was quite gooey.  Nice though.  Small's comment about the rice pudding "Good, nearly the same as back home but not quite.  But good enough". Huffle said about the flapjack "Yes, just as good". High praise indeed from my family!
As I made the dinner Small coloured in his homework (learning about the early settlers to Canada - its very interesting as its all new to us) and Smallest made a picture of the CN Tower (he calls it the Eiffel Tower).
Apparently this is a picture of me standing on a bin with nothing in.  Why?  Because Smallest likes it!
Have just signed Small up for some after school lessons in Taekwondo.  There aren't many spaces and we have to pay by cheque.  Whoops, we don't have a cheque book.  Off to the bank tomorrow then!

Much love to Betty (Beaver) Brownie who went and got herself a new knee this week.  We want to know what you have called it?  When I told Small he said "how do you get a new knee?  Is it robotic?  What, so she's got a plastic leg then?"  he thinks its strange!  Hope you are fully recovered soon so you can go upstairs and read this blog!

No comments: