Wednesday 17 July 2013

Clean as a Whistle - peeeeeeep

Last night I couldn't sleep. In the end I got up at 1am and watched Mr Selfridge for an hour and a half. I kept going hot and cold and felt sick. This morning I was very tired but cleaning needed to be done. I wrote a long list of all the things that needed doing and between me and the boys (mainly me obviously) we worked our way through the list. They chose the things they wanted to do and got on with them in between IPad time. Moo skyped us to say she was safely back and her garden had overgrown.

I had a 'sauna' up in the loft whilst sweeping, mopping, dusting and generally tidying, making the bed, moving furniture. God, I hope it cools down before Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc get here. So excited now. We haven't seen them since November 2011. Huffle is picking them up from the airport tomorrow where they drop their hire car off (they have a massive six hour drive).

By lunchtime, most of the house was tidy and clean (thanks to Huffle for starting it all) and we had a sandwich and went up to the pool. The temperature outside was 33* and very humid. (Felt like 106*F according to Huffle).

We were having fun in the pool and all of a sudden there was a big rumble of thunder and as I was just wondering if we should all get out of the pool, I noticed a big fork of lightning in the sky not too far away. I shouted at the kids to get out of the pool and into the house.

We were very lucky because we narrowly missed a massive rainstorm, plus thunder and lightning. The shading I created using the dust sheet is now flat from the rain falling on top of it. All of the windows are closed except the loft ones and the rain was coming in there (which is unusual as it doesn't normally get through the windows up there).

The kids had their showers and then we all played a game of UPSET. The sun kept coming out and then the rain would come and then the sun and then the rain. In between we had bits of thunder and lightning. Very strange.

Once Smallest had won (for goodness sake, the game is for 12 years and upwards - how does he do it?), we finished cleaning and then I made dinner. Huffle came home and we all ate in our sparkling clean house (well that won't last long will it? But at least I know it's clean and I can concentrate on catching up with the lovely Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc.

Huffle and I played Table Tennis, put the kids to bed and sat down to watch the final of The Apprentice UK.

Happy 15 years together Mr and Mrs Rumbleskins. C'mon Mr Rumbleskins make an honest woman of her and make her lose her skins (ooo errr).

 

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ha haaa. Too funny. I have no idea what loose her skins means!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Oh, I just got it :)