Thursday 25 July 2013

Fly Pong

Another night's sleep interrupted. This time by a Raccoon knocking over our 'animal-proof bin' Ha! Huffle shone the torch on it and it showed its burglar type face and ran away. We both struggled to get to sleep after that and I think Huffle even went downstairs for a while, too much on his mind. Silly man! 'My mind is racing around like two squirrels in a wool sock' quote from sugar bear

Suffice to say I have been tired all day. We had a slow start which included sweeping, swiffing and mopping, washing and drying and the boys sorted out some clothes for holiday. Then we got on our bikes and rode to the library. Why is it that the day after you get on your bike after a long absence, your bum bones really hurt! Our books were changed, we ordered a new one for Small, picked some new ones up, and rode to Cog's house where we invited him to ours for the day. All four of us biked back home. The boys all jumped in the pool and I knitted for a while. I felt really sleepy. The sun was very hot. I got burnt a bit yesterday so I made sure I was in the shade, covered up and fully suncreamed.

There was lots of silliness in the pool, it was only 22* getting to 24* by the end of the day. We had lunch by the pool and then an ice cream. More silliness and then we went and played in the garden. I managed to tidy up the front a bit while they rode their bikes, played football and hide and seek.

Smallest's friend Ew came and we all went up to the pool. His Mum, little sister and I dipped our feet and legs in and watched the boys play. His Mum and I had a good chat, I like her. She has recently had a baby and she slept on happily until Cog splashed her with water and she woke up with a stir.

Eventually we all played in the garden again on bikes, scooters, with football, basketball and generally running around. Ew and his family walked home and we got on our bikes and took Cog home.

Once we were back, the boys played on the Wii and I made dinner. Huffle came home, also very tired and we all played Table Tennis and Ping Pong Fly. We have a few flies in the basement that are making their way up into the house. I hate flies more than anything and we all had a good swat at them.

The cases are out ready for us packing. Need a holiday now. Want to go now. Pleeeaaaasssseeee can we?

 

 

 

No comments: