Tuesday 16 July 2013

Moo goes home

It is always difficult, the last day of anyone's visit. When it's hot, they don't want to get all overheated and sweaty. When it's cold they don't want to get all frozen and unnecessary(!?). Clothes are packed away and its not worth travelling too far. Today we spent the morning going through over 1,500 photos, selecting which ones Moo wanted to take home with her on a disk (poor friends having to look through them). She chose 217 which took a couple of hours. Plus we had to discuss which photo was where and what we did and laugh over the silly things that happened. The boys played on the IPads.

We got them showered and then ready to go out for dinner. The boys decided on Fish and Chips as they knew Moo wouldn't have fish again until Christmas when she visits next time. So we drove the long way to the chippy. (I'm glad it's a long way, it's stops us going every week). We ate and were going to go to a park but it was too hot and Moo still had some packing to do. Plus we got the times of the flight wrong and were an hour wrong!

We came home and the boys both had time outs in their rooms for badness on the way home. Then they went in the pool. Moo was packing and I had to watch an underwater spectacular.

They were very good but after about half an hour of "mummy can you watch this?" "Mummy did you see that?" "Mummy did I do that properly?". I was ready to jump in myself but I didn't because it wouldn't be long till I took Moo to the airport and I didn't want to have to get wet and then get dry and then drive.

Smallest wanted us to see his orange Ice Pole tongue

Huffle was very kind in coming home early so that I didn't have to take the boys with me. So once home, he got in the pool and played with them.

Huffle had a call today from the Fraud Department of his credit card. They wouldn't tell me anything because I wasn't the name of the account. PAH! Then we had an email from the British Passport office saying that his credit card was declined. It was all connected. Hopefully all sorted now.

Moo and I made the journey to the airport in plenty of time. The traffic was good on the way there but we noticed it was very bad coming the other way. I decided to go in with her instead of dropping her at departures like last time. We had to queue and got tutted at as we sneaked under the barrier because we couldn't find a way into the maze! She got her boarding pass and then we hugged and said our goodbyes. I waited while she went through the gate and everytime she turned to wave, I moved into a different place with a big grin. It was very funny and we were laughing a lot (better than crying).

I paid for the car and drove home. BAM, right into a load of traffic that didn't move much for an hour. Apparently there was a problem somewhere so am hoping I don't hit the same traffic picking up Miaow and Tuc on Thursday.

It took me over an hour and a half to get home. I sang loudly to Amy Winehouse and watched the many nutters changing lanes which made no difference whatsoever. Huffle text me to say he was hoovering and cleaning - bless him. That was our job tomorrow. Still I'm sure there's still lots to do and the boys have said they will help me.

I finally got home. Huffle was hoovering. The boys were watching TV and a sandwich was waiting for me. I'm a lucky lady. We put the boys to bed and read to them. Smallest said it was weird not having Moo here already and he wished she still was here. Ahhhh that's nice.

We had a good six weeks. Moo slipped into our routine perfectly and also did a lot to help us out too. We have all enjoyed it and are sorry to see her go. However, five months and she is back. See you on Skype Moo xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, six weeks has gone quickly! Safe travels Moo. Hope she's not too used to the a/c, none of that in England and it's still very warm there! You need to start charging bed and breakfast, it's like a revolving door at yours!

Hugs
Brenda