Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Bell of Luck*

A very blustery night. Huffle went off to work early for an important meeting with the No1 and then after with his boss. It was a bit worrying because we had no idea what it was about and although Huffle was fairly confident, he was still very worried. Last time he went into a big meeting after telling me not to worry, he was made redundant (in the UK). Anyway, I got news from him about midday to say his job was fine, but there were big changes ahead. Phew!

It was a beautiful day (cloudy but warm and at times hot) with temperatures of 22*. I set the boys the task of getting together stuff for our holiday. Smallest got together some soft toys (for cuddling and puppet shows) and go-gos and Lego (for battle building). Small got together some games for us to play.

Small and I went out to check the temperature of the pool and we ended up doing some gardening. He raked the grass while I tidied up the veggie garden. I hadn't even had my coffee or got dressed when Small's friend Cog rang to see if he wanted to go over there today. I got dressed and we all biked over to Cog's house, stopping on the way back to chat to The Royals.

Our first big harvest

At home I carried on with the garden and Smallest played football and then played on the computer. I carried on with the garden till lunchtime and then Smallest watched TV with his sandwich and I watched Call the Midwife, the first one of Season 2. It was very good.

I went out and did some more gardening, completely clearing, weeding and harvesting three of the veg beds. Then I finished mowing the front garden while Smallest played on his bike. We were just about to go out on our bikes, check on Small and go to the park. He got changed and we went on our bikes to Cogs house, Small was fine so we left him there and cycled to the General Store where we sat on the bench next to the community garden and ate our ice creams. We cycled to the park and watched Smallest play, then we cycled home. When Huffle got back he and Smallest got in the pool after a cup of tea and a quick game of football.

We vacuumed the pool and Huffle entertained us with handstands underwater. I was about to cycle back to get Small when he just appeared in front of us.

Cog's older brother had cycled back wth him. Small jumped in the pool and played for a while and then we all went in for dinner.

We had an eight-vegetable-fresh-from-the-garden-omelette with rice and peas. It was lovely (though the boys were dubious, they did eat it!).

The boys watched TV, Huffle and I played Table Tennis (1-2 to him) and then put the boys to bed, read to them and watched So You Think You Can Dance.

Well done Huffle. It's been hard at work recently I know and I feel things may get tougher before they get better but at least we know he is secure in his job and we don't have to leave in a hurry. Clever Man x

*The Bell of Luck is the bell that is tied around Smallest's puppet. He told Huffle tonight that that is what it is called, he is a funny boy!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really pleased for Huffle, hope his stress levels stay ok in the coming months, it must be hard. Perhaps Smallest's Lucky Bell will help, it seemed to do the trick yesterday!