Tuesday 23 July 2013

That's the way to do it!

The CN Tower (borrowed photo) lit up for the Royal Birth. I think pink would have looked nicer. At a discussion at breakfast this morning Smallest said he would call the baby Bob, Small said George and Huffle said Richard. Uncle Tuc said yesterday it should be called Tyrone (could you imagine?). We had a text from Aunty Miaow saying they were home and on their way to a birthday tea party.

Huffle joined us for breakfast today as he played golf with Mr Royal and Umbrella. He was a bit worried as there were storms forecast again for the afternoon. He went off to play and I mowed the grass in the back garden while the kids played on the IPad. Once I had finished (and ran out of petrol AGAIN!) we all went in the pool. When we got in, the sky was cloudless, but after a 45 minute play and swim,

.............the clouds came over and got a bit dark so we went in and read and made dinner. After dinner the boys had their showers and then did a puppet show for me. It was very entertaining and very long!

The boys let me watch one of my programmes while they played on the Wii. Then the rain came down and we had thunder and I ran around closing the windows. Small's room had water all over the floor and his battle so we all cleared it up. The air con went on because it got very hot all of a sudden.

The kids had their tea in front of the TV and I finally went and organised my craft table so that I could start my knitting again.

The boys and I played Sorry Revenge and then we put them to bed, read to them, had my tea and watched Mr Selfridge. I am about half way through it. Huffle had a good day, managed to avoid the storm, made a bit for charity. One of the people he played with won a BBQ in the raffle, the downside is that he lives in Scotland and is due to go back this week.

It is very very blustery outside. There have been some weather warnings but nothing too close to us.

 

 

 

No comments: