Thursday 15 December 2016

A horseshoe in the snow

The bus was running, the boys went to school. Huffle stayed at home and worked. Moo and I went to the Mall and were there by 9:30am. There we met up with Suffolk and then got on with some serious Christmas Shopping. Suffolk knows shops we don't and some of them happened to be very teenagery. Eeuuggh they made me feel old! One shop we went in was very dark and pokey with really loud music and weird lights and Moo left because she didn't like it. Suffolk and I walked down to the bottom of the shop where it became an 'adult shop' ahhhhhhh that explained a lot!

We finally stopped at 12:30 for a drink and share of a slice of lemon loaf unaware that outside there was a blizzard, temperatures of -20* and heavy snow falling. Huffle warned us and we cancelled our foot appointment for later as we were worried we might not get there safely.

Suffolk left to get to her school job and Moo and I carried on shopping. We did very well and decided to come home before the roads got too bad. However, the roads were already too bad. It was horrible. No ploughs had ploughed and the snow was heavy and thick on the roads as well as in the sky. We got on the highway and the traffic was at a near standstill. Luckily I had Moo with me who was very calm though she did use her imaginary brakes once or twice.

We tried to follow a lorry because we couldn't see the lines on the three lane road but he went too fast for me to safely drive. Somehow we went wrong on the road and ended up almost back where we started, though how we did that going on a straight road, I have no idea. Damn my useless sense of direction!!! Mind you, the visibility was nearly zero. It was like driving through thick fog but with snowy road!! We got off the highway and drove along a fairly major road, once agin not ploughed and two lanes were just two small Tyre tracks in the snow. For a while I was a leader on the roads but the car behind either took pity on me or was bored of going so slow and overtook me. It was a very tense drive. When we finally got to The Hamlet, the roads were even worse. I think it will be a snow day tomorrow.

We sat and watched the kids play on the Wii for a while and then Moo and I made Vegetable Cottage Pie and a Beef Cottage Pie.

We cancelled football for Small too because the roads were too dangerous. More snow is expected in fact it hasn't stopped all day. We think we have had another foot and another 2/3 ft due tomorrow night/Saturday morning.

After dinner which was full of vitamin C, anti oxidants, potassium and lots more ha ha ha, we had a table tennis tournament. We each played each other and I won.

Poor Moo is suffering from her aerobics yesterday. She obviously used lots of muscles she doesn't normally. Hoping she will feel better tomorrow as the drive has a lot of snow on it!!!!!!!!!

 

 

No comments: