Monday 19 December 2016

Flu away

Well it's been a long time since it have been laid low with an illness. I have the Flu or a pretty bad virus. This morning I went to the walk-in doctors and took Moo with me for moral support. I had to drive but it wasn't too bad despite me saying that I just wanted to close my eyes and go to sleep on the way. In the waiting room Moo and I sat near the door (maybe less germs there!?) and next to me, I put my coat and bag and scarf on the chair. A man came in and stood directly in front of me and started to take off his coat and scarf etc and then looked at me (even though I had my eyes closed and was trying to sleep). He said "do you mind?" SORRY. "Do you mind?" Indicating my coat chair. I looked around the waiting room and there were plenty of seats available. I muttered SERIOUSLY? And moved my stuff onto my lap (bearing in mind I was burning up). Moo moved it all onto her lap and the man sat down really close to me. Stupid man! Later while I was in the doctors he tried to talk to Moo but she wasn't having any of it.

The doctor checked my throat, ears, chest, lungs, nose, blood pressure, temperature. Everything was okay which was weird as I could have fried an egg on my head. My blood pressure was a little high but not worrying so. Considering I haven't eaten for over two days now and I am sleeping constantly, temperature going from ridiculously high (in my opinion) to freezing cold, the doctor decided it needed a helping hand and gave me some Tamiflu and some dissolving stuff that has antihistamine, paracetamol (acetaminophen) and decongestant. Plus it knocks you out for a good sleep. The doctor said "London?" To me and I said NO LEICESTER. He said he thought he was good at accents and then went on to tell me the Cockney accent sounded really intellectual. Has he not heard Danny Dyer's fake cockney? I think even Adele would laugh to hear that one.

I picked up my prescriptions and Moo and I came home where I dosed myself up and went to bed for the rest of the afternoon. (Well until the boys came home anyway). I woke up feeling brighter with finally no headache after nearly four days.

Huffle worked in the basement and Moo wrapped her presents. Today the boys moved into Portables (portakabins) as their part of the school is being knocked down over Christmas. They were full of dismay as the doors didn't shut properly, the was no heat in Smallest's, and nowhere to put wet things in Small's which had to sit in a heap of wetness on the floor.

Small's empty classroom

Moo and Small made meatballs for dinner with some instruction from me on the sidelines.

Poor Smallest had to get up in the night due to bad coughing. Huffle sat downstairs with him and they watched The Grinch and then came back to bed. They were both very tired today but Smallest went to school as he wanted to.

Saturday was Smallest's last football game. It was a 2-2 draw.

Upper tier. Moo is on the end.

 

Saturdays snow levels

And so was the Leicester v Stoke game 2-2.

 

We did nothing on Sunday. We were supposed to get a Christmas tree. No Christmas tree in our house yet. BOOOOOOOO.

 

No comments: