Wednesday 21 December 2016

Bakers dozen

Once again I took my drowsy medicine before bed, but this time in plenty of time to stop it keeping me awake. However it did keep me awake and I had to get up and read from 1am to 2:30am. So annoying. I coughed through the night again too. Sorry Huffle. I did feel much better today though.

Smallest got up this morning saying, in his squeaky little voice, that he was well enough to go to school. He looked better but I wasn't convinced. Still, he stayed there all day and seemed happy enough when he got home.

Small went on a trip to the Royal Ontario Museum today. He said it was good but not as good as the science Centre. Not enough interactive stuff to do.

Moo and I had baked a big batch of shortbread and flapjack all before we had our breakfast. Then we got on with gingerbread. Now we have a deconstructed house as well as plenty of baked goods for teachers gifts. We spent the rest of the morning packaging up the gifts in cellophane and raffia and jars. Smallest now has a tin full of flapjack for his pot luck party tomorrow and the boys have all their gifts for their teachers.

Moo and I treated ourselves to some quality relaxing by watching 2 episodes of Last Tango in Halifax before Moo cleared away the debris of the kitchen.

This afternoon, Moo and I ventured into the garden for a walk. The snow was so deep it went over the top of our boots and into them. Moo walked ahead and made footprint holes for me and I stepped into them to make it easier to walk. We wandered down the garden, into the forested bit at at the bottom and turned around and came back in our own footsteps. It was tough going and our feet were quite wet.

We had a couple of games of SkipBo before the kids came home and made dinner. After dinner Moo and the kids played table tennis and Huffle and I sorted presents and wrapped. Moo and Huffle made beds after Moo had done all the washing earlier. The boys wrote their Christmas cards to go with their gifts and put them in bags ready for taking tomorrow.

This evening we all watched Planet Earth. So interesting.

 

No comments: