Friday 23 December 2016

Love Actually is all around

I had THE best night's sleep last night. So good in fact that when I woke up at 8am I panicked as I had told Moo last night that I didn't need her to get up to see to the boys, I would be up in time. It's the first time in ages that I could have stayed in bed and carried on sleeping. BOOOO. It didn't really matter because Moo was already up anyway.

We sent the boys off packing for their last day at school, had our breakfast and left Huffle working while we went and did an early morning food shop. It was a good plan because we had done the first major shop before 10:30am. We posted a letter for Huffle and went to get some festive cheer. We went to Italy, South Africa and Canada for our wine and beer and then continued on to another supermarket for a couple of things we couldn't get from the first.

Next stop was a hot drink and a share of a slice of Lemon and Cranberry Loaf. We sat quietly chatting at a table and were suddenly joined by a load of high school kids who were far too noisy and we had to move to another table at the front of the cafe.

We tried the Thrifty Shop next looking for stocking stuffers and a tree for Smallest. We didn't get either and came away empty handed. Two more shops got us some stocking fillers and then we came home for lunch of hot soup and bread before Moo did some washing and I put the shopping away.

This afternoon we went into overdrive again and made Royal Icing for the gingerbread house. We fused the building together with no props, no egg cups, and nothing broke or fell down. We are just too good at this now! MrsRoyal called round mid-gingerbread-build with a gift she had made of CrabApple Jelly and gingerbread tree decorations for the kids.

I marzipanned the Christmas Cake and then Moo made more Icing and we iced the cake too. All that is left is the Chocolate Log which we will do tomorrow. The boys now have to finish decorating the house and cake.

Moo and I cleaned the kitchen and had a quick game of Skip-Bo in time for the kids getting home with cards and gifts and being very excitedly silly.

Huffle and I made dinner and afterwards everyone played table tennis.

This evening all the boys went out to play football with Smallest's team and Moo and I had some festive cheer whilst watching Love Actually.

 

 

No comments: