Monday 12 December 2016

Snow Moo Day

It seems that I have become the local School Bus Cancellation Notification Service, as while I was getting the boys lunches ready, I had a text from my hairdresser (whose kids go to our school and on a school bus) asking if the bus was cancelled (I just look on the website.....) and when I text ClownRose to tell her the bus was cancelled, she didn't know either. I digress, the reason for the cancellation was the foot of snow which was dumped on us overnight. Our road wasn't ploughed and our cars were well stuck on the drive.

As Small had a hospital appointment first thing, Huffle decided to clear the drive to help me get out. Smallest couldn't then be walked to school like we normally do when the bus cancels because I was taking Small for his appointment. I looked at Smallest and said "what do you think?" "Do you want to stay home today". All innocently he said 'but I'm not poorly!' Bless him. The kids thought about it for a while. Not many kids would be there today as lots stay at home on a snow day. If not many kids were there, they would probably just be watching films. We decided to let them stay and Smallest helped Huffle clear the snow.

Small and I drove to the hospital. Our road was awful and we were skidding but the main road and everywhere on the way was fine. Our appointment was for 9:10am and we got in around 9:30am. Today's appointment was for the bump on the bottom of Small's foot. Last time we came, the surgeon said he didn't want to cut it out unless it got worse. It's not cancerous, it's not growing, it doesn't hurt. He said to leave it alone and to come back if anything changed. We have the chance to go back to him within a year otherwise we go back to our family doctor. We were back home before 10am. On the way I called the school to check if I had to let them know the kids weren't coming in. The system works like this: if the child is on a school bus and the bus is cancelled then they don't get a reported absence but if they are not on the bus and don't turn up, they do. So mine were fine. She told us to have a nice day and enjoy ourselves. Imagine doing that in the UK!!!

Huffle was still hard at work clearing the drive. Smallest was busy jigsawing. Otto was standing outside waiting for the bus (he should subscribe to my text service). The kids helped me around the house and went on their tablets and Smallest and I played a few games of Stack em up.

After lunch where we all watched some of The Grand Tour (top gear new) the boys played table tennis and had a light sabre battle.

At 2pm we went to the airport and left Huffle working in the loft. The journey there was okay, no problems. We parked and arrived and I had just placed Smallest at the front of the barrier when Moo walked through. She didn't notice the boys at all until I pointed them out. The journey home was pretty good too and we were home by 4pm. That's excellent. Moo had an 'incident' on the plane where she fainted in the cabin crews' station. Silly Moo. The woman who sat next to her was Russian and didn't speak English but proceeded to get a blood pressure kit out of her bag and put it on Moo. All was well.

Back home she emptied her bags and although she said she wasn't bringing any goodies with her this time, we ended up with a huge stash. Well it IS Christmas.

We had dinner and sat and watched a bit more of The Grand Tour until Smallest went off to Cubs. We told him to take his snow pants in case he was rolling around hand in the snow but the silly bum left them in the car and came home half frozen with wet legs, feet and boots. Moo warmed him before bed and Small and I did some Rubiks Cubing. I am teaching him how to do it bit by bit.

Smallest went to bed and we watched a bit of Oceans 13 until Small went to bed, quickly followed by Moo who has been up since 5am UK time (midnight here). No wonder she was tired.

 

 

No comments: