Friday 2 December 2016

Touch my fridge

More silly dreams, this time some of my UK friends singing in a choir in the CN Tower in Toronto. And they didn't tell me and they didn't know I would be there. They were good too!

After the kids went to school and Huffle worked with the Mice (another one caught), I went off to knitting and went on a mini road trip with the Friday Ladies. Two cars and six people and then we met up with two others when we got there. Unfortunately Suffolk couldn't make it due to a Migraine. Shame.

We started in a wool shop that had a fire and sofas and lots and lots of wool. We were all inspired to make a Knit-a-long blanket that had six different panels and was edged in between and framed by a cable. It was lovely. shooKeeperEl is going to search out the pattern for us and issue us with a new one pattern each month. We are starting it next year. I bought some wool and a new needle for another blanket I am making. We had a cup of coffee and a Christmas chocolate and then went across the road to a restaurant for lunch.

Love this. Need to learn this stitch.
I like the way this sock is ribbed all the way down to the heel.

It was only a small place and we had to wait AGES for a table big enough for eight people but we were very patient and had plenty to chat about while we waited, plus there was a huge counter of Butter Tarts that we stared at. I had a Tuna Melt on an English Muffin with a salad and a butter tart. YUM YUM!

We didn't leave until 2ish and by the time I got home it was nearly 3pm. I had a cup of tea with Huffle who had been painting again and was busy with his new job.

When the boys came home they did some piano practice and went and watched yesterday's I'm a Celebrity, did a bit more piano and a chore while I made dinner.

After dinner, Smallest and Huffle played FIFA on the Wii, Small played on his tablet and I crocheted. I am trying to recreate a lovely Owl Basket we saw today on our travels. I am going to teach a couple of the ladies how to crochet.

Yes, Martin is finally out of the Jungle and I don't need to watch him anymore.

 

No comments: