Tuesday 6 December 2016

Oceans of volleyball

No more snow and the previous days' has almost disappeared. Still cold though.

The boys went to school, not in snow pants, and Smallest armed with shorts and tee-shirt for his volleyball tournament. Around 9:30am I got a phone call from school, from Smallest, saying his water had broke and he had forgotten his trainers. Then the Secretary came on the phone laughing and saying that was the funniest thing she had ever heard, that his water had broke. I knew he meant his water container had broken (only the fourth in two weeks!!!!).

This morning I did a bit of jigsaw, a bit of washing and drying and had a phone call from MrsM (work) saying she had a spare body warmer/gilet/vest (so many words for one piece of clothing) and had washed it and wanted to give it to me. Wahoooo. That makes me an official Gardener now as it has the name of the garden centre on it and everyone else has them from the days when the garden centre was full of volunteers.

Late morning I packed up my lunch, a book, Smallest's Trainers and water bottle and headed to school where I found the Secretary still laughing at my sons broken water (she said he was soooo cute) and picked up my three passenger boys (Smallest included) and took them to a school in the middle of nowhere. I know it wasin the middle of nowhere because I planned on doing some shopping while I was there and there was NOTHING!!!!

So, the Volleyball. Smallest was an AP (alternative player? Another person?), but was called in to play for the tournament today due to the Grade 6's being in the Forest at an overnight camp. Smallest was the only Grade 4 on the team today and he did really well. At first he struggled with the long serves but then he was fine. He got his team some points though they lost every game but the last one which didn't count as they were already out of the tournament. Still, I learned the rules from another Mum and our Coach and throroughly enjoyed the time watching our team play six games. The other six games I had to endure were not so interesting and the three hours I sat on a hard school chair made it worse. Smallest had a great time and loved every minute though he didn't play every game, he had to share with the other sub. I was very proud of him today being one of the youngest boys there.

I lost my two passengers when their Mums turned up at the end and took them home. Smallest and I came home and got back before Small got off the bus. There was some controversy with a girl not getting on the bus and Maurice getting annoyed and having to drive round and round.

Both boys had piano practice and MrsPiano has sorted them out. They should be ready for their Recital on Sunday. We cancelled football practice for Smallest due to him being tired from volleyball, fitting in piano and finding time to eat. Too much to do in too little time.

However, because we had nothing to do, we had a lovely slow dinner, no rushing around and then Smallest and Huffle played on the Wii, I jigsawed and crocheted and Small did his homework and played on his tablet. It was lovely and felt like a weekend.

Small, Huffle and I finished watching Oceans Eleven yesterday and started Oceans Twelve tonight. Small is enjoying them.

Huffle and I watched an episode of The Crown later. It was about the smog of London in 1952. It was fascinating but I can't believe all those people died.

 

 

No comments: