Thursday 8 December 2016

Did you find sticks?*

Today has been the coldest day of Winter so far. -8* and a chilling wind. So why then did I decide that today was the day to go foraging for greenery for the outside urns? Afte the boys went to school and I had my breakfast, I dressed for the cold and went down the to bottom of our garden and further, down past next door's bit of land and into Small's friends foresty part. He there are hundreds of lovely red dogwood. I cut lots of pieces and then cut some of the green off the trees, different pines and cedar and even found some red berries. I knew I wanted some yellowy orange berries sompopped to MrsRoyals as I knew she had some bittersweet growing. Then I went and cut some sumac flowers from the trees down the road.

By now it was around 11am so went to TheRoyals, got warm and had a cup of coffee, a biscuit and a long chat. By the time I got home, it was midday and I was cold again. I stuffed what I could in the urns which was difficult because they were starting to freeze up. I made a fair job, it's certainly full and a bit Christmassy looking. Huffle had brought up some of the outside decorations and I placed the Christmas Doormat and door wreath and stuck some baubles in the urns too.

Huffle and I had lunch together and watched the rest of a Grand Designs we started a day or two ago. I left him working and went off to work where I briefly saw Jeff, met some new people who live in the Hamlet near us and picked up my body warmer. I also picked some more bittersweet and then headed over to Angels house to drop off some greenery and have a cup of tea while cuddling the baby.

I got home around 3pm, just in time for a walk with ClownRose and some cutting of more sumac. We had a good walk and I delivered my sumac to MrsRoyal before the kids got home. My sumac went into one of our containers.

Small had homework. Smallest had got an A in a French Test. Both practiced piano and cleared and set the table for me before playing on their tablets.

After dinner, Huffle took Small to his football and Smallest and I made a Woodstock for the cake, jigsawed and watched Grizzly Adams.

* did you find sticks? Was a question I was asked while I was carrying back a bag full of sumacs. I had put the flower heads into my bag and the stick ends were poking up. Yes I found sticks!!!!

Well done to HB for getting her new job.

Happy Birthday MadameCourvoisier.

No comments: