Monday 5 December 2016

Gingery first snow

Well, for once the forcasters got it right, except that instead of getting 5cm of snow, we got about 5" (mixing my measurements there). It was a complete white out. The first question the kids asked me was "do we have to wear snow pants?". Silly boys!

Off they went wearing snow boots, gloves (ones that can get wet, not just the woolly ones they have worn so far), snow pants, hats etc. They stood outside waiting for the bus and had a snowball fight. Lots of giggling and laughing and falling over until Smallest hit Small in the face with one and Small retaliated by throwing it down Smallest's neck. Happy days!!!!

When they left Huffle went downstairs with the mice (no catches today) and I swiffed the downstairs floors and moved all the furniture. Of course while I was there I decided to move everything around to see if I could fit a Christmas Tree in as we usually have quite a big wide one and now the piano is where the tree would be. There is no way we can move the piano else it would scratch the floor so I moved everything else around. I think it will be okay but we will have to measure this year.

Huffle cleared the drive and I helped clear the path at the front of the garden and the one to the house. The snow was really wet and heavy, perfect for making snowballs and snowmen but when you have as much snow as we normally have, snowmen are far from our minds. Maybe at the weekend or when Moo is here.

Late morning I drove to Suffolks and we went on to Michaels, a huge craft shop. We perused and bought and came home, Suffolk went to her school job and I came back for a late lunch and a FaceTime with Moo.

Late afternoon I made two lasagnes for dinner and when the boys came home they practiced their piano, did a chore and played on their tablets.

Huffle went off to the pharmacy this evening to see if they could suggest anything for his twitching eye. At the weekend both eyes were twitching and although he thinks it is stress related, it is driving him crazy. The pharmacist was not at all concerned but suggested potassium. So he bought some and is now taking them. The main food that has potassium, he doesn't like but maybe we need to up our fruit and veg intake.

I took Smallest to Cubs where he practiced singing carols for the Christmas Tree lighting at the weekend, packed up cookies for the same event and played games. He won the prize for the best wrapping up of sweets where he made his into a sleigh. Small had no Scouts because the leaders are lazy!!!! Just saying!

I made gingerbread and Small helped me to cut them out. Huffle helped to eat them!

Huffle and I went for a walk around the village looking at the Christmas decorations and lights. We were very critical considering we haven't got any up ourselves yet.

 

No comments: