Wednesday 1 February 2012

Poor Bob!

The photos I posted last night of the snowman and fort we made in the front garden were nothing compared to this picture that KP sent me of a snow creature her and her little friend made at the weekend.
WOW.  We need to practice more I think!
As we waited for the school bus this morning we checked out what happened to the snowman and fort in the night!  It was very mild last night................

The poor fort - not going to protect us from much now!
Smallest pushed the carrot back in Bob's face and his whole head and body fell off.  Small rescued him by putting the carrot in and his twig arms back.  Poor Bob!

I spent the morning doing nothing much.  Washing, putting away clothes, Skyping Grandma and Cousin E.  Wrote a couple of letters.  Tried to fix the door I broke yesterday.  Got dinner prepared as boys off to Muppet Movie Night at the local Legion for Winter Festival.  Answered some emails.  Commented on and read a few blogs (that always takes up far too much time). Made a Cinaman Raisin Loaf in the bread machine.  Not the correct ingredients as I picked up a mix at Bulk Barn and obviously didn't weigh it as I didn't have enough, so I added a bit of all purposes flour, extra raisins, a couple of cranberries and blackberries - well I'm sure it all goes together.  I myself don't like Cinamon Bread but everyone else in the house does.
Cinamon bread mixing
 Not so good once it was finished though.  Whoops.


Something happened to the rising!  And it didn't quite mix properly on the bottom!  I never was a fan of these mixes - will find a recipe and make my own I think!

Went out for lunch with KP today.  We were supposed to go for a healthy walk but it turned into an unhealthy dinner!  I had Vegetable Moussaka which was nice but such a big portion.  Ooh my jeans are tight, which is why I wanted to go walking in the first place, now they are even tighter!


When Smallest took off his hat, his hair was very strange.  KP stayed and played with the boys for a while.  She helped them take funny photos.


I had a visit from my neighbour who invited us to story time at the library tomorrow.  I made her a cup of English tea and then had to tie her shoe laces.  She was carrying her gorgeous baby in a front baby carrier and she couldn't bend so I did it for her.  I think she might think I'm a little crazy!   Then it was off to see the Muppets Movie.  I dropped the kids off at the local Legion to watch the movie - they were very excited.  I left them there with a voucher enabling them to have a drink and a treat.  They had a lovely time.  They were so engrossed in the film they forgot to take their coats off!
Small came home and told me all about Groundhog Day.  It is tomorrow.
I read up on the Groundhog.  This is what I learnt.
On Groundhog Day, a groundhog in the small town of Punxatawney, emerges in the morning to a throng of onlookers. If he spots his shadow and returns to his hole, it means winter will last six more weeks. If the Groundhog does not see his shadow, an early spring is sure to come.
Not to be outdone, many other towns now have their own woodchuck weatherman.
Punxsutawney Phil is the original star of Groundhog Day however. He first predicted the weather 126 years ago and has had about 39 percent accuracy ever since

Now I'm not being funny but 39% - that's rubbish.  I could probably predict better than that surely?  But it seems a nice tradition to have so I will check out the news tomorrow and let you know what sort of weather he predicts.  I think the closest one to us is Wairton Willie, who is an albino groundhog.  

We had a couple of packages in the post today from our tv company Bell.  Look how pleased Huffle was when he opened them to find he had to install them because he had requested a new channel!
You want me to do whhaaaaattt?

1 comment:

Harborough Dad said...

Now that is a serious ice-sculpture, looks like you guys need a bit more practice!!

It's still cold here, snowed again this morning, but it is supposed to warm up for the weekend. Let us know what Mr Groundhog predicts for you guys. I'm sure our Spring is just around the corner.

Jumbleberries xx