Thursday 19 December 2013

Bring us some figgy pudding?*

When I woke up this morning I had no voice again! I had a cough and a runny nose BOOOOOO! As I lay in bed thinking about all the baking I wanted to do today, Huffle came up and said "I think today might be the last day of school as it's a PA Day tomorrow,". WHAT?! Why did nobody tell me? What about the teacher's presents. BOOOOOOO. Once downstairs, Small told me he was sorry he hadn't mentioned PA day (Smallest said he didn't know anything about it) and that he thought that maybe they were leaving school an hour earlier too. WHAT.!!!!

So I got up earlier than normal and started making those delicious Chocolate Crackle Cookies while the boys ate their breakfast. Moo came down and said "oh you've started already?". Then she got the boys lunches together while I baked the cookies and started making chocolate shortbread.

The boys went off to school, the cookies got baked and Moo and I had breakfast. Moo cleared up around me and I packaged the cookies in their tins and got myself ready. First I popped round to Ottos and gave him some biscuits to say thank you for giving us the eggs a few weeks ago. He is a curious fellow! Moo stayed at home and made a vegetable soup. Yum yum. Then I drove to school and handed out the cookie tins to the teachers. I hadn't got far when the boys' French Teacher came running out shouting "I've had one already, they're great". I briefly spoke to Smallest's teacher and then I drove to the dentist. This is the first time I have EVER been when I haven't been nervous or worried. I was early so got to watch some TV and saw famous people's decorating ideas for Christmas (a bit over the top but there you go - one of them suggested you had to group three baubles of the same colour together to add depth on the Christmas Tree - oh I should have told the boys).

The injection worked better than it has ever worked in England, I wonder what they do differently? I had a filling taken out and then one put in its place. I was scheduled to have two done but he decided only one needed doing. Phew. The only uncomfortable part was having things in my mouth and all I wanted to do was cough. At one part I had a tickly cough and had to sit up and drink water. The anaesthetic wore off much quicker too but then it left an ache,!!!

On the way home I rang Moo and suggested we go straight out. Moo was ready when I got back and we went Christmas shopping. We went in seven shops and bought a few things but hadn't had any lunch so went home (Just as the boys arrived). They had eaten lots of goodies and had artwork and cards galore. Small said they did a lot of singing christmas songs today. One of them being We Wish You a Merry Christmas. When it got to the chorus Small sang "so bring us some figgy pudding...." Nobody sings that chorus here, they stop at Good Tidings we bring to you and your Kin...... I bet they don't even know what figgy pudding is here.

Moo and Smallest played table tennis, the boys did their maths, Moo and I played table tennis and then the boys went on the wii while Moo and I emailed and blogged. While we were in Bulk Barn earlier a lady asked me about making shortbread and she said she couldnt find a good recipe. I told her if she gave me her email address I would email her mine as I had made it earlier and it worked just fine.

Moo finished her soup and I made Gingerbread. I was trying to make our annual gingerbread house but it was too dry so I made biscuits instead for the boys to decorate tomorrow as we have had weather warnings of snow showers, wintry mix, frozen rain, more snow and more wintry mix and ice. However, if this forecast is wrong, they will get their hair cut instead.

We all played UPSET and Huffle won. The kids went to bed a bit later than normal. They are getting sillier and sillier.

P.s. Forgot to mention that Smallest blogged the other day



 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

That's the best bit if the song! Maybe Small should teach it to them? X

Unknown said...

Sitting here feeling hungry with all those goodies being baked. x