Monday 9 December 2013

Lovely baubles

It snowed during the night. Possibly an inch.

Huffle went off to Toronto on the train for a meeting.

His photo (very nice)

The boys went off to school wrapped up in full snow outfits...........

.......and had a quick snowball fight first.

While I took arty shots of the baubles and snow.

After breakfast I went shopping. Normally I am quite good at walking around and planning meals for the whole week but today I wasn't inspired at all and didnt come home with much. I had to get some things for school in order to be admitted to the concert. Instead of buying tickets they asked for donations to the town Food drive and Christmas present drive. I drove home, threw the shopping on the floor and ran out again in order to meet up with 'Suffolk' and her Portuguese friend. We met in the Portuguese bakery and had a coffee and sandwiches followed by a lovely portuguese cake made with red sweet beans - very nice. We had a nice lunch and a chat and I drove home in time to see Huffle get out of the car. It was nice he was home early and we cleared the snow off the drive before going in for a warming cup of tea.

The kids came home and opened the advent calandar. A lindor, a werther and a kiss, two notes, one from Smallest saying Happy Christmas and a picture of a Christmas tree and another saying "If you have been good look in the drawer under the TV" where he found a lego minifigure. They did their computer maths, Smallest did his homework and then they played on the computer.

Huffle and I made basa fish cakes for dinner. Smallest went off to Beavers but Cubs was called off because the room was double booked so we played Table tennis with Small instead. Though it was tough because Huffle has hurt his back and I have a trapped nerve in mine and Small hurt his knee falling on ice. What a family! (Smallest is fine).

The other day, to cheer me up, we had some gorgeous photos sent to us from the Aussie rellies.

These are the lovely Rumbleskins.

 

 

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Just love your weather. We are still in drizzle stage over here! X

Anonymous said...

Bloomin' cold this winter so far, I object to seeing photos from Australia lol! You know you can always scream in my direction if you need to!

Hugs
Brenda

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Aww my precious children. I shall not tell buttersabroad about the lovely weather we are having then.