Thursday 5 December 2013

Glimples

Last night on I'm a celebrity, they received emails from home. Joey read out one to Alfonso and said something about his baby having 'Glimples'. Should have been Glimpses. Bless him, I think he is dyslexic but it was funny. I thought he was trying to say Dimples. LOVE IT.

It was so mild today. Felt like a spring day. Very strange. 12*.

Today was a mad rush as the bus was early. Small managed to get on the bus but Smallest's coat zip got stuck half way, I was shouting out the door, "Sorry won't be long" eventually he got it on but they left one glove each on the mat. Huffle worked from home today as he had to go to the dentist. I got ready for work, popped to school to deliver gloves and then drove off to the Garden Centre. It was empty when I got there but there was a customer wandering around. I knew he was a regular there and he was looking for bulbs. Imoved over 30 boxes of bulbs for him before we realised that his bulbs were all safely packaged and stored somewhere else. Howeber, he did buy more because he saw different ones. We packed his car up with all the bulbs, I'm surprised he could see out of the back. He was planting up rich people's gardens on the Toronto islands. NICE!

Jan, Jeff and D came and we started cuttings of Sedums mainly. We worked until 11:30, had a visit from some ladies who used to work there and then went for coffee break. Jeff told me that if I was really interested in gardening and wanted to earn some money, I should garden for people in the area. He said people were always looking for someone to tidy up in Spring, maintain and then tidy up again in autumn. He said he could introduce me to some people and help me if I wanted to. Worth thinking about when and if we get residency. Unless someone comes along in the meantime and gives me a job photographing trees! I did a bit more planting and then came home.

As I was sorting out the compost bin I noticed our poor Pumpkins

Once home, Huffle wasn't happy. Too much pressure at work. Things getting on top of him. We had lunch together and talked through 'stuff'. Moo rang and we had a quick chat. Huffle went off to the dentist for a filling and I tidied and cleaned and popped to the supermarket and thrift shop. In the supermarket I got a call from Samsung asking if I was satisfied with the work the technician did. NO OF COURSE I AM NOT SATISFIED, APART FROM THE FACT HE HASNT DONE ANY WORK YET, WE HAVE A HUGE COMPLAINT IN WITH SAMSUNG, I SUGGEST YOU GO BACK AND LOOK AT MY FILE! Oh I'm very sorry about that Mrs Famfa, would you say that you are very satisfied, satisfied, not very satisfied, disatisfied or completely disatisfied. ERRR ABSOLUTELY COMPLETLY DISSATISFIED BUT NOT WITH THE TECHNICIAN - WITH YOU AND SEARS. Thank you Mrs Famfa, have a nice day. BLOODY MUPPETS. There I am standing in the middle of the baking aisle shouting at my phone. Ha ha ha! Actually before I came out I rang Samsung and told them they could send the engineer out if they liked as I am fed up of waiting for NOTHING!!!!!! They are coming out on Tuesday to fix a glass plate and a new circuit board GOODY?!! In the supermarket i picked up a very small tin of Quality Street. I thought it could go in our Family Stocking. I asked the check out chick the price and she said it was $6.50. I bet there were only ten sweets in it. Ridiculous. I told her my mum was due out soon and she would bring us the real thing. She said we were lucky and that she hoped she had a good time. Nice lady.

I came home and made chocolate shortbread (just because I could). Huffle came home all numb but okay and then the kids came home. They opened the advent calendar for today. Three messages, a caramel freddo frog and a Werther. The messages read: 1). otto occasionally orates as he smokes smoked salmon sizzling in his six saucepans. (Huffle wrote that one not santa!) 2) a picture of Santa saying hoHo Hooooooooo (fom Small) 3). Don't eat yellow snow (another Huffle one).

Small and I played table tennis and after a long practice we played a game and he beat me. The little stinker. Watch out Moo.

The boys watched TV, Huffle watched cricket. Boys went to bed and Huffle and I settled down for another IACGMOOH - Grandad text me earlier to say two would be leaving. Who will it be?

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Boo!!! I'm not hiding.... Wish we could go Xmas shopping today at John Lewis not Walmart - come on I'll buy you lunch ;-) Off to M's nativity today... Last one ever.. We have grown up children now how did that happen??? Xx

Wonder Woman said...

Soon be Christmas!! Hope you get your cooker sorted in time xx

famfa said...

Oh me too. That would be lovely. John Lewis at Christmas boooooo xxxxx

famfa said...

Counting down - yes me too x