Friday 13 December 2013

Naughty or Nice?

It was snowing heavily when we woke up. Huffle went in to work later as he was at the dentist first thing having his tooth looked at. It didn't need much, just filing and then off he went to work for a 4 hour meeting.

The boys went to school - not enough snow to stop the bus.

Moo and I had a leisurely breakfast and then got ready for our TO DO list. We went to knitting and said a quick hello, picked up my needles and passed the floor samples on to the wife of the person doing our basement. It was really cold. -11. We went to a cafe for a coffee while we decided what we were doing next and decided on food shopping.

We did our shop and I bought a coat with down and feathers in. I asked the sales lady if I could stand by the door to see if it was warm enough and she said NOT REALLY. I tried to explain that I had no idea whether it would be warm enough without trying it outside, and Moo tried to tell her too. We spoke to two other sales ladies and they agreed but said it wasn't really possible. We hung around until the original lady said "go on then, I'll come outside with you". I left Moo as collateral (after all she had my money and cards) and me and the lady went outside. It seemed like it was a warm coat and didn't let the wind in and as it wasn't expensive I thought I would get it. Nice lady. As it was, she left me and went to talk to a friend so I could have quite easily walked to my car, plus Moo had walked away from the other ladies too. Oh well, I wouldn't do that, but you can see how people could!

We had lunch at the Cupcake Cafe where we had a lovely creamy broccoli soup and a fromage a trois sandwich. Very nice, though Santa did leave Moo a note in our advent calendar yesterday to say that she ate too much cheese! The women in the cafe were lovely. After a long lunch we came home and put the shopping away and tried on our purchases (not the carrots and bread though!).

We made a roasted butternut, garlic, apple and rosemary soup, played table tennis and before we knew it, the boys were home.

Moo and Smallest played table tennis, the boys did their computer maths and we made pizza for dinner which we ate in front of Home Alone 2 (just half of it).

The boys, Moo and Huffle watched their Santa videos. The little boys were on the Nice list and the grown-ups were on the Naughty list - tut tut!! It was lovely to see Smallest's face light up when Santa was talking to him. Small was a bit nonchalent about the whole business but was pleased he was on the Nice list.

This morning's advent calendar note said IT IS NEARLY CHRISTMAS, GIVE EVERYONE A HUG. Ahh we liked that one.

There was more table tennis before bed and Huffle and I packed our cases for our three days away -WAHOOOO!

Our lovely Christmas card from Yahoo. We walked here. Ahhhhhhhh.

My favourite cartoon from the newspaper today

 

No comments: