Wednesday 18 December 2013

Sorry can you squeak up?

The last hour or so of our train ride was uneventful and the taxi arrived on time. The taxi ride was also uneventful though it was snowing and the roads were busy. We had a quick catch up with Moo before going to bed. Small woke up when I went in to see him but Smallest slept.

The boys and Moo had done a lovely job on decorating the tree and although there are six icicles all hanging in a row and a bunch of lights stuck at the back not working, I am not touching it, it is lovely as it is.

When I woke up this morning I had lost my voice. Huffle's car wouldn't start and then he temporarily lost his phone which he later found in the snow! He called out the CAA who said they would be with him at 11:50am so he rang in work to say he would work from home today. Then he couldn't log in to his work system. The CAA rang and said they would be here within 20 minutes and then turned up five minutes later. The man took one look, attached his magic starter and whoosh Huffle was able to drive again. He cleared the drive and drove the car around to get it properly charged. He thinks he left the door open slightly all the time we were away. Also he left my bonnet open after filling the washer fluid. Naughty......Moo and I were driving along and it almost bumped open!

Moo and I went Christmas Shopping at the Mall. We had a biggish list but got through it swiftly with one stop for coffee and a blueberry scone. We got most of the things we wanted. I struggled to speak for most of the day but most people were really nice and helpful.

TL: I made Moo try this hat on and then I said I had deleted the photo (shhhh)

TR: A huge bauble in the Mall

B: Two jumpers we wanted to buy for Huffle but he said NO!

One shop tried to overcharge us but Moo found the correct price and we put them right. Another shop undercharged us which was nice.

I rang the dentist today as I have an apointment tomorrow and I didn't know if I would still be able to go. I squeaked to the receptionist (didn't give my name) and she said "famfa are you sick". I can still go as long as I can breathe through my nose which I can at the moment.

Moo and I came home weary and hungry, put away our shopping and had a quick bite and a cup of tea. We had some lovely cards through the post. Also a few packages and letters.

L: A gorgeous handmade card from the lovely BrendaB
TR: My lovely thoughtful friend Jill (of jack&jill) sent me the Union Jack tree ornament (I shall be hanging this in my kitchen after Christmas)
BR: And a new tree man from my friend here who runs the exercise class I go to.

The fabulous Rumbleskins sent this lot of choccy all the way from sunny Oz - massive bars!

BrendaB also sent us some Michigan choclate covered fruits and handmade the beautiful packaging

Huffle's big boss sent him a huge poinsettia - well its the thought that counts. He would rather have had alcohol I think.

After Small and Smallest put up and decorated their own Christmas trees and I added decorations to the stairs and mantlepiece, we sat down for soup and lovely breads and Cinamon Apple pie and custard.

Huffle played table tennis with Small (did I mention that Small beat Moo while we were away - another shhhhh) and then we went out and bought his office Christmas presents.

Once home, the presents were wrapped, the kids were in bed and we sat and watched The Great british Bake Off Christmas Special.

Aunty A in the meantime wandered around Oxford Street and took some photos for us.

John Lewis' window display was lots of animals made of household things.

 

 

No comments: