Monday 2 December 2013

Drummer Boys

It was a struggle getting up this morning. Still need to catch up on sleep from the weekend. Huffle went off to work and the boys went to school. No more snow, the rain has washed most of it away. They still managed a few snowballs at each other while they were waiting for the bus though.

I had a nice leisurely breakfast and then got ready and went shopping. First stop was the Post Office where I spent a ridiculous amout of money sending Chrsitmas cards and parcels around the World. The lady in there was really nice and helpful and I had a queue of people behind me. When I put my debit card in the machine it kept being declined. Third time of trying my three options were Canc Corr Ok. I kept pressing Corr thinking it meant CORRECT. DOH! It meant correction. Oh well I got there in the end.

Next stop was the Thrifty shop which has moved but wasn't open until Thursday. Off I went to Canadian Tire to change the lights that had no adapter. No problems, all changed and I got a couple of Christmas presents whilst in there. Next I went to Winners/Homesense but was disappointed and came out with nothing but I did bump into the swimming lady and we had a chat. Then I went to Walmart and did a food shop and picked up some chocolate for the advent calendar and a couple of presents too. I was really hungry and fed up of shopping so came home, put the shopping away, ate my lunch and watched a bit of The Paradise whilst knitting a bit of my sock.

I started on the dinner just as the boys got home. We played table tennnis and then they played on the wii and computer. Huffle came home and we had dinner and then took the boys to Cubs/Beavers where they learned about drumming. They used bongos, sticks with drums. They learnt about different beats. They both enjoyed it.

Huffle and I, armed with a very long heavy ladder, lots of lights, an extension cord and a timer proceeded to hang the lights on the outside of the house. There is no method in our hanging, just pass to Huffle and he puts them where they will go, down the ladder, move the ladder, up the ladder, more lights. BOOM! Done.

I think it looks quite nice. However, when I said next year I wanted them along the roof line, Huffle just scowled.

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Lovely lights, well done xx