Sunday 1 December 2013

Which came first?

Last night's party was sixteen British ladies sitting in 'Batch's' living room listening to Christmas music, sharing stories of why they were in Canada and eating good ol' British food (or what people think is British food).

Half of the party watching the Frog Chorus

We had a Secret Santa where we all took a number. Number 1 chose a present from under the tree first. Any numbers after that could steal another person's present or take one from the tree. We were all too British to steal at first. Everyone wanted my present and it was stolen twice. (Thank you Aunt Pear and HB for getting it for me).

I got a bag of twiglets. I wish I had stolen someone elses now as there were some lovely things being opened. There was plenty of food but unfortunately it was mostly meat dishes. Meat pie, quiche, curry, sausage rolls, scotch eggs. There were plenty of cakes and cheesecake, biscuits and tarts. Yum yum. The host, Batch, bought me a milk container for the fridge as a thank you for helping her with the cake. (I saw hers and wanted one!). I arrived with the English lady and we sat and chatted for most of the night. Unfortunately she was driving and not drinking, next time I will drive. We promised to meet up for lunch soon.

I didn't get to sleep until 2:30am - dirty stop out! The kids came running in this morning very excited and asking if they could open their Advent Calendar. We sent them away and they waited for us to finally get up. They got an English chocolate coin each and Smallest had a note from Papa Elf saying because he was bad, he was bringing him a Barbie. Very funny.

After breakfast, the kids played on the wii while Huffle and I caught up with the news, tried to stay awake and worked out what we were going to do for the rest of the day. We decided to go Christmas outdoor light shopping. We went to Walmart and the Tire.

We had a lot of fun in the Tire, checking out the silly tree ornaments and playing all the songs on the hats and decorations.

This bird reminds us of a lady we met last February

Which came first, the lady or the bird?

We bought our lights, went for some dinner at a new place (very nice) and came home. We checked to see if the lights were fully operational and realised there was an adapter missing - PANTS! Why can't anything be simple? I will add it to my list for tomorrow.

Grandma and Grandad skyped us. The boys played on the Wii, then we had tea in front of the film Arthur Christmas which we watched about half of. The boys went to bed and Huffle and I watched Annabel Giles get voted out of IACGMOOH - she came across as not very intelligent and a Wuss! The right person left in our opinion. Gutted that Matthew Wright got immunity. Dont like him at all!

 

 

1 comment:

AA said...

I remember that bird lady!!