Wednesday 11 December 2013

Need a Coat

The boys went to school - it hadn't snowed but it was cold. Huffle went to work later as he was picking up Moo from the airport from work but needed to be there later than normal. He has chipped one of his teeth so has to go to the dentist on Friday - he is not pleased!

After breakfast I went to the Mall to look for a coat. Apparantly Montreal is much colder than here and my coat is not warm enough. I didn't do very well at the Mall. I bought a nice cardigan and a fleece and I bought some Christmas presents but the coats seemed very expensive and just not quite what I was looking for. If I am going to spend that amount of money I want it to be right.

By lunchtime I was fed up of shopping, it's no fun on your own. I went down to the food court but decided against eating there as it's also not much fun eating out on your own either. Oh boy, I was feeling sorry for myself!

I had lunch, watched a little bit of The Paradise and then walked round to The Royals. There I had a lovely cup of tea and a very long chat. I stayed till it was time for the boys to get home. I just had time to hide away their presents and put Moo's heater on (brr it was cold in the loft) before they were home.

Smallest had an invitation for a party this Sunday. Huffle and I will be away and Moo doesn't drive here so I asked another Mum if she could take Smallest with her. Her son hadn't been invited WHOOPS. I then had to email the mum whose son's party it was to let her know what I had done. Hope I am not causing trouble!!

Small went outside and played in the snow. It wasn't packing snow though so he soon got bored.

This was him trying to hit me with a snowball.

It has been snowing for most of the day, on and off but not really settling. Smallest did his maths and then played on the computer. I made omelette for dinner and Small made a treacle sponge and custard for pudding. Yum yum.

After dinner Small watched TV and Smallest and I played Table Tennis - he said he was going to beat Moo 21-0 WHITEWASH!

When the boys went to bed, Smallest and I did an Atlas puzzle and learnt where everywhere was. I asked him who lived in North America - he had no idea. When I said it was us, he looked at me and said "no we live in Canada. I showed him on the map. He was astounded that there was a place called Iceland and aked if Greenland was all grass or all green! Small and I once again attempted to do his Tetris Puzzle, close but not quite!

Aunty A has been out and about London snapping Christma trees again for me.

Thank you to my roving photographer. AA.

Huffle and Moo arrived home and it was nearly bedtime. Moo didn't even empty her bags and I wan't allowed my magazines. BOOOOOO.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So pleased there's snow around for Moo. Have lovely visit and great trip to Montreal, looking forward to the photos.

Anonymous said...

Aww, now you have someone to go shopping with! Hope you got your magazines! Glad Moo had a safe trip, definitely looks nippy in Montreal (I looked on the Weather Channel site).

Hugs
Brenda