Thursday 26 December 2013

Gorgeous George

Everyone got a lie-in. It was snowing when we did get up and was a mere -4* outside. The things that were encased in ice, still are, but now have an inch or so resting on top, which looks lovely.

After breakfast I went out and took some photographs - I dedicate these photos to unc Pear who I know is particularly intersted in TREES - especially the ones I take photos of. Thanks Unc Pear, nice of you to say so.

......and of course, we do have a few trees in our garden. We had about 4" of snow fall overnight and this morning but this rested on top of the previous snow which turned to ice. The new snow was light and powdery but made walking around difficult as it was very slidy underneath. Occasssionally I fell through too.
Eveywhere looked so beautiful and it wasn't too cold either. Our house looked like it belonged on a Christmas card (ahhh that's an idea for next year!). The road was full but had been ploughed.
It wasn't long before the Huffle and the boys followed me outside. Lots of snowballing, snow shovel throwing, snow brick making. Moo joined us with her 'striking' winter gear.
The sun came out and enabled me to wear my new Ski Sunglasses. It got really warm and was just like sitting at the top of a ski slope.
More snowballing, lots of standing under trees while snow flew down and shovelling and falling over.
We stopped for 11'ses and had a pot of tea and hot choclate with christmas cake, chocolate log and gingerbread house. We sat on our chairs apart from me who fell off when the chair leg got wedged in the ice and snapped off leaving me with legs in the air. Well I like to entertain.
We made a snow fort/igloo using the new snow brick moulds which were very good. Huffle cleared the drive and brought us piles of packing snow, Moo brought snow from the rest of the garden and then helped me to make bricks as the boys left us to it. We made quite a structure and then made a snowman who we named Gorgeous george.

George had a beautiful singing tie, Keep calm rubber gloves and my hat with a carrot nose and a charming stick smile. The boys wanted to smash him down but Moo and I wouldn't let them.

We all came in after three hours for a warm and some dinner of lovely simple jacket Potatoes.

This afternoon many bracelets were made, lego played with, helicopters landed, photos looked at, books read, and then we played Small's new Tetris card game.

We ended the boys day with table tennis and TV (they watched a fascinating documentary about dinosaurs) and then Huffle watched the Cricket whilst Moo and I watched the Christmas Special of Call the Midwives.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I like the brick mould, very good idea , can't beat a bit of snowy fun! X

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Gorgeous photos. Such a contrast to our hot day at the beach!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Gorgeous photos. Such a contrast to our hot day at the beach!