Sunday 8 December 2013

If you bought this from a restaurant, hic!

Another nice night's sleep. The boys came running in to wake us up but we weren't there, they were disappointed. Smallest came into my bathroom "where's daddy?", he was in the other shower. When I came out, the boys were jumping on our bed. Again, they just wanted to open the advent calendar. We all came downstairs and the calendar was opened. Today a note saying "Otto races his chickens and awards participant grain at the awards ceremony". Can you guess who wrote that? Plus there were two chocolate coins and a Hersheys Kiss.

This morning consisted of a few jobs around the house, wii, computer, showers and the opening of Christmas boxes. The big baubles were hung on the porch and santa's wreath hung on the door. Some bunting put in the kitchen and a few ornaments put about the house. We moved some furniture around ready for the Christmas tree.

We had a small lunch and then went out to a shop to buy ingredients to make our own pasta. Once home Huffle made the Pasta Dough while the boys played on the wii. I made garlic bread and a chocolate mousse and Huffle and I cobbled together a filling for the ravioli. The boys helped us to roll the dough and we made Three Cheese Tomato and Pesto Ravioli.

It was messy but we did well for our first ravioli (the ravioli attachment cost us 50c from the thrifty store a while ago). We also made tagliatelli. We had a tomato sauce and a Mushroom Alfredo sauce and tiny garlic ciabattas and grissini, all topped off with a lovely glass of Australian Merlot. Perfect. Grandma skyped us right in the middle of the pasta preparation and we very briefly chatted.

While I cleared away the debris, all the boys played table tennis then we sat and watched The Muppet christmas carol whilst eating our mousse. The mousse was yummy, the film was muppety. The boys went to bed and Small did a salt wash as his throat is a bit smelly (he has a cold and we are making sure it doesnt go to his throat). As I was saying goodnight to Smallest we were chatting and he said he thought I had a disco ball for a brain. WHY? "Because I have seen it and it is colourful". OH OKAY THEN!

Huffle and I watched the final of IACGMOOH which I runied because I looked at Instagram and FaceBook - arrrghhhhh why do I do that?

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

So how was the pasta? Looked fun making it xx

famfa said...

Did I forget to say? Omg it was amazing, beautiful, very yum xxxx