Friday 6 December 2013

Pavement Recess only

When I first started writing this blog, it was for my sanity. We were maybe thinking of moving over here and it was a kind of sounding board to me. Then, once we did move, it charted how we settled in (or not). I then decided it would be a diary and it has been fun to look back and read of things we did, happy and sad. It is a good way of family and friends reading what we have done and what we are getting up to, plus following the ongoing sagas of our appliance problems ha!. Also I thought it might be nice for the kids to read it when they are older. Today it is still a diary but it is also a place where I can vent my annoyances. However, due to the fact that I get quite a few readers these days, most I know, some I don't, I find I can't actually write what I want to always. Sometimes I don't want to offend people, sometimes I could be annoyed at them but daren't write anything about it in case they are reading and sometimes I am specifically asked not to write things. Recently events have occurred that I haven't been able to write about because they are too personal. Huffle and I have been struggling with our emotions and this is hard because to write it down rather than keep it in would be much more beneficial.

FRIDAY 6th DECEMBER 2013

Small carried on with his homework this morning and got it finished just as it was time to go. We need to keep an eye on this as this is the second piece of homework he has 'forgotton' about. The snow is all gone now but Smallest still insists he has to have snow pants on for recess. (He doesn't as they have now banned any playing on the field because it is too muddy).

I had breakfast, tidied up and went off to knitting. Full house again. I couldn't do my knitting as they didn't have the right size needles so I sat and cut bits of fleece for my thrum socks and now I have a bag full of cut to size thrums! I drove home, had lunch and waited for the Plumber to come.

When he got here he checked the taste and smell of the water and of course, it didn't smell or taste bad today. Absolutely typical. He did change one of the filters and moved the carbon filter to just underneath the sink to see if that stopped it. It was hard for him to rectify it as it wasn't doing what I said it was. However, he did find that there was a smell coming from the well and he said it smelt 'swampy' - oh great. I asked him if it was also a bit of a burnt smell and his son, who was with him, said he knew what I meant. We need to run the water through a few times and let him know on Tuesday/Wedensday what it is like. He did leave us with a small leak but Huffle may have fixed it.

I happened to look out of the window this afternoon and saw a chicken in the garden. I went out to see what was happening and take a photo (obviously) when I spotted five of them. The little buggers had snook through the fence from Otto's side. I put on the chickens back in our garden and off the drive (didn't want them to be run over), the I popped round to Ottos to ask him to get them. He wasn't in so I shooed them back through the fence. Cheeky things. They didn't even leave an egg for Smallest's breakfast! Rude!

When the boys came home, Small asked if his friend, who lives at the back of us, could come over and play. He called us and I spoke to his Mum. His Dad walked him round via the back garden as our gardens almost touch. We swapped numbers and I said I would take him back in an hour. The kids all played on the Wii. I started on the pizzas for dinner.

We walked his friend back (very polite, pleases and thank yous and he said thank you for having him without being asked to), came home and played table tennis. Huffle came home and joined in too. We ate our pizza in front of the second half of Arthur Christmas. Good film.

I wrapped some more presents. I didn't sleep very well last night. Too much on my mind and my teeth hurt (only because I have a dentist appointment soon and I like to panic before I get there).

Huffle and I sat and watched IACGMOOH.

We feel things are starting to get better. The water is hopefully sorted. Huffle heard back from Sears today and we can get our records for Samsung and the engineer is due Tuesday. We are looking at floor samples for the basement tomorrow. Huffle says it is a day nearer to Christmas hurray and Moo will be here in six days and we are off on our short jollies in eight days wahooooo.

I had a lovely photo sent to me today from Aunty A.

It is the Kings Cross Christmas Tree in that there big London, UK. Ahhh lovely.

Then Yahoo sent me a photo of her lovely Christmas trees.

 

......And then I got a lovely card through the post from Everett.

Ahhh I'm starting to feel more Christmassy now. I even got some baubles out and put them in the fish bowl - well you have to don't you (there aren't any fish in there though don't worry).

 

 

7 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I think it's times like these that a good old fashioned diary comes into play. I know what you mean about blogs, I want mine to be a true reflection of Boy Wonder's life but have to be careful! We could always start up an email chat and be each other's sounding boards? Love to you all xxxx

Sarah Tomson said...

:-( sorry to hear you are feeling a bit sad, hope everything sorts itself out soon

Lovely Christmas trees yahoo!

Where's your Christmas tree? (I've sent a card and a little something briitish to hang on it)

xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ohhh Christmas is always the hardest time to be away from everyone and everything. And the Sears thing must be driving you craaaazy! It's annoying me to hear how badly they are dealing with your cooker! Is there some kind of consumer rights service in Canada that can advise you further? Anyway you are doing a brilliant job keeping this daily blog going for so long and I love hearing all about your lives over there. Lots of love and hugs xxxx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ohhh Christmas is always the hardest time to be away from everyone and everything. And the Sears thing must be driving you craaaazy! It's annoying me to hear how badly they are dealing with your cooker! Is there some kind of consumer rights service in Canada that can advise you further? Anyway you are doing a brilliant job keeping this daily blog going for so long and I love hearing all about your lives over there. Lots of love and hugs xxxx

famfa said...

Yes Wonder Woman I think you are right. Also we should definitely have an email venting chat - good idea. Xxxx

famfa said...

We are waiting for moo to arrive before we go to the Christmas tree farm and have an adventure. Thank you, you are very kind and thoughtful. Look forward to receiving xxxxxx

famfa said...

Thanks mrs r. Your support is much appreciated. I think we are nearly there with sears now, it has been very frustrating. Loved the photos this morning - you do have some gorgeous cheeky kids xxxxxx