Tuesday 10 December 2013

It's a policeman with a bat!

We were due to get another inch of snow during the night but we didn't. The boys don't seem to be getting up early at the moment. Its so dark first thing that I don't think they are waking up.

Huffle went to work and the boys to school. I waited in for the Cooker Engineer who neither works for Sears or Samsung. He rang me at 8:15 to say he would be here between 9am and 11am. He actually arrived a 8:45 and couldn't get through the front door due to the boys stuff all sitting in a big pile. I rushed them out to the bus and swept and mopped while the Engineer changed the circuit boards and glass touchpad AGAIN. I asked him what was next to fix and he said, there is nothing left. If it goes wrong now you will have to contact Samsung. OH YEAH, NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! He was a nice man and he had the most enormous shoes, the boys thought he must be a giant, until we realised the shoes fit over the top of his normal shoes. Ingenious. They have to take their shoes off here because of the wooden floors and the snow etc so to have over-shoes is very clever. We chatted about the 'invection' cooker and he told me the glass wasn't toughened glass and to be very careful. It cost $400 to replace and wasn't covered by any warranties. He said he has replaced a lot. Umm now that wasn't something they told us when we bought it,

I contacted NoCustard to see if she wanted to walk and we arranged to meet at 11. In the meantime I made Moo's bed and swept the loft floor. I can't believe she will be here tomorrow.

I had to dress up warm for the forest as it was -10. Thermals, snow boots, ski socks, hats gloves and scarf. It was rather lovely though. Properly covered in snow but with the sun out creating those lovely shadows that I do so like.

I don't know if you remember but two weeks ago when I walked with NoCustard in this very forest, we lost her hat and were too tired to go and look for it. Today we decided on the same route as the lost hat walk 'just in case'. We couldn't believe it when we saw it there hanging on a tree. NoCustard would like me to say a BIG THANK YOU in case the person that picked it up is reading this (highly unlikely but you never know).

We walked for an hour and a half and at one point thought we had wandered off the usual route as its looks so different in the snow. We were both tired and hungry and left each other promising to walk when Moo was here.

Once home I had my lunch of soup and bread in front of The Paradise. Moo skyped me and we had a chat. I asked her if she fancied coming over tomorrow - SHE SAID YES. Ha! Her bags are packed and she is nearly as excited as the kids are. The first thing Small said when he got up was "Moo is here tomorrow". Its a shame they will be asleep when she arrives but I told them she will be more than happy to see them 'first thing' the next day. Whoops.

I mopped the loft, wrapped Moo's presents and a few others, had a tidy around and waited for the boys to come home. They walked over my mopped floor with their wet socks, were sent away to change them while I remopped their mess and they played on the computer and did their Maths.

Huffle came home early for the school concert.

Today's advent calendar findings : two notes, a werther and a Lindor.

1) have you been good? Look in the box next to the radio -it was a lego policeman.

A proper British bobby complete with moustache and a truncheon.

2) dont eat chocolate covered raisins you find on the forest floor - its reindeer poo (wonder who wrote that).

The kids got themselves ready for their concert and Huffle tried to comb their hair. We have banned him from ever doing their hair again. He was good for ironing their tops though.

The school concert was packed full of parents. Too many for seats. Even too many for standing. "Please dont take flash photography" was the first thing we were told. HELLO PARENTS DID YOU HEAR THAT? All the way through the performance there were plenty of flashes going off. The band played a few tunes (sharp intake of breath, say no more!). Huffle edit - it was a noise, and thats being kind. Then the Kindergartens came on - very cute but a technical hitch in between songs meant they stood for ages with all the parents staring at them. They got very confused and started waving and shouting, HEY MOM. Then the music came on and they sang a song which I didn't recognise at all. Small was next with his class though he stood right at the back, because he is tall and we couldn't see him, apart from an odd glance twice. I could see he was singing though. Smallest next dressed as a snowman, marching and singing. We got a good view of him. Two songs and a good bit of Kazoo blowing.Very good. A Grade 4 Santa came on with lots of HO Ho HOing. The musical was called "Old man Winter's Icicle Follies".

When it all finished, there was a huge scuffle to get out of the hall to try and find your child/children. Small was waiting outside the hall for us and I sent him to get his coat etc. We couldn't find Smallest. There were parents everywhere, blocking the corridors, chatting, looking for their kids. Smallest wasn't in his class and eventually a boy in Small's class brought him to me which was nice. He said we should have stayed in the gym and then he could have found us except no-one told us that. We managed to get home and Smallest went straight to bed with a story from his old Dad. Small watched a bit of TV. (A small five minutes - after Smallest goes to bed we always tell him that Small gets an extra five minutes but in reality it is an extra 20 minutes, but as Smallest has no sense of time, we get away with it - for now!).

Small's knee has gotten worse so I took an ice pack up to him and he put that on while we tried to work out his Tetris Puzzle (we have been doing this for about a week instead of reading).

Huffle and I had tea and toast and watched TV. We are tired. My trapped nerve is better but Huffle is still struggling with his back. Come on Moo, get yourself here and put those kids to bed so we can have a rest HA! (I don't do LOL or laugh out loud so I just HA loudly instead HA ha).



 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

The time for Christmas shows. We have Cat Girl's nativity tonight however she keeps telling us that she doesn't want to do it anymore. Will be interesting! X Say hello to Moo for me xx