Friday 3 February 2017

Daddy smells of sneeze

Huffle had to go into the office this morning and he took full advantage of the Chilli Cook Off they had there at lunchtime. His meeting was cancelled but not before he had driven all the way there.

The boys went off to school. This morning it was around -11* and it felt very cold. Smallest almost went out wearing his thinnest trousers with a big hole on the knee. What is he like? How many times do we have to tell him what to wear for the Weather! I threw the trousers away even though they are his most favourite.

I went off to knitting and attempted to knit my heel. I had to undo many rows and start the heel again but this time with help and supervision from ShopKeeperEl. However I dropped a stitch quite far down and had to undo it all again. When I got home I pulled the sock off my needles and unravelled it all back to way before the heel. I never really liked the colour when I changed it anyway so I used a different wool and sat and put it all right. Obviously I had to stop to make dinner and eat it but I finished the one heel tonight before bed. I am very happy with it despite my hand hurting from knitting too much on too small needles. I have to get the other one done tomorrow before I forget how to do it again.

Suffolk and I went for lunch at the local cafe and then went looking for storage boxes for her again. She didn't get any. Just before she left to go home, she decided to take me through the drive through to teach me what to do. It all went so quick and I couldn't understand anything anyone was saying. I don't think I'll bother. I'm not a huge fan of these places that have drive throughs anyway. Today we asked if the shop had 'sticky back plastic' but that didn't translate very well over here. In the end we found to thanks to a helpful patient shop assistant. It is called Contact Vinyl. Of course it is!

At home I knitted until the boys came home and then went and picked up Smallest's friend to come and play for a couple of hours. His parents came to pick him up but neither left their car, wound their windows down or said Hello or thanks for having him. Bit rude! Small did some homework that needed to be finished tonight. It was choosing his top ten songs and explaining why. I didn't get to read it but I was surprised by some of his choices. He isn't feeling too well with a sore throat. I made him a Mummy special Hot Lemon, Honey and root ginger, gave him some aloe gel and made him have painkillers. We asked him to keep his bedroom window open too to give him some fresh air. We need him to be better as we have a day out in Toronto on Sunday.

After dinner, the boys played on the XBox and I carried on knitting while Huffle and I watched TV.

 

 

No comments: