Thursday 2 February 2017

No Shadow - Early Spring

It's Groundhog day today and Ontario's Groundhog did not see his shadow and so predicted an early Spring for us. Wahhoooooo.

The boys went to school although nearly missed the bus due to Maurice being early for once in her whole bus driving career. Of course, that was the only time I let them go out later because I don't like them Standing outside in the cold waiting for her. Typical!

Not long after they left, Suffolk arrived for our adventure to Ikea. She left her car here and I drove along the dirty 401. Dirty because everyone's car is dirty from salt and mucky snow deposits and the roads have remnants of dirty snow left on them. We got there minutes after it opened so it wasn't busy. I wanted baskets for our new shoe shelves and she wanted wooden boxes for her hats, handbags, gloves, scarves etc. I came back with six baskets, one of which was half price in the sale room and an IPad/cooking book stand which I have wanted for ages but they always sell out before I get there.

The drive home was better than the drive there, despite the new snow falling and incredible winds! Huffle had had his lunch by the time I got back so I ate by myself (Suffolk works in the school afternoons) and then I went for a trip to CostCo for a few things.

Late afternoon, ClownRose called to see if I could get MissMoll from the bus as she wasn't back in time but at the last minute MrRose arrived home so I didn't need to do anything. ClownRose was so grateful that I was going to help her out that she brought round a bottle of wine. Ahh bless. I had a glass with my dinner. Lovely.

Small and Huffle went off to football while Smallest and I stayed at home, finished off our Sheep and Wolves film and started watching Finding Nemo. Smallest must have been so little when he last watched it as he can't remember any of it. Good film.

Later Huffle and I watched the new series of The Great Pottery Throwdown (BBC). Love it. Makes me want to Potter again.

 

No comments: