Wednesday 22 February 2017

R.e.s.p.e.c.t

The boys went to school, unaware that I would be following them to attend their assembly as I had a call from one of Smallest's teachers yesterday to say he was getting an award. Small spotted me getting out of the car and assumed he had forgotten something for Ski Club later. Because I had aerobics, I had my kit on plus my snow boots - ummm attractive! Smallest got his award for Respect and looked extremely embarrassed when he spotted me. Funny, both boys have this funny watery eye blinky thing going on when they are overly embarrassed. I don't know what that is because I just go bright red! I was sitting next to two mums who sat and chatted about what fur they had on their coats. One had raccoon and ten other had coyote, plus one of their friends had rabbit. Really? They really wear proper fur. I told you we were in the 1970's!! I left as soon as he sat back down and I escaped to aerobics where I only missed five minutes or so.

ExerciseNic had a sore back so she went fairly easy on us today which is good because I had a terrible headache. Huffle said we were supposed to have a storm which could account for my head if the pressure was high. The weather was quite weird today. Very very thick fog but extremely bright sunlight too. How did the sun get through the fog that's what I want to know because I couldn't see anything.

At home Huffle had taken over the living room with a phone call and laptop which meant I couldn't make noise so I went out and picked up toiletries. He was gone by the time I got home so I emptied the dishwasher, FaceTimed Moo and got her up to date with Football etc.

This afternoon I tackled the huge pile of washing. I don't know how I got so behind but there was a mountain of it, including bedding. I prepared dinner and watched the Leicester v Seville game.

Smallest came home. He said he didn't mind me being there at assembly, he was just embarrassed because he didn't understand what his award was for. He says sometimes the teachers ask who hasn't had an award and he thinks they just get given out unfairly. I told him not to worry as we all know he is respectful and that's what he got it for. He put away everyone's shoes as a chore, played on his tablet and sat with me watching Leicester.

After dinner, Huffle and Smallest played on FIFA while I folded washing, knitted and watched Boy George and Piers Morgan. Huffle went to pick up Small from ski-club.

 

No comments: