Monday 6 February 2017

Painting the waves of weetabix

I didn't sleep again last night as I was thinking about crochet. Stupid, but I was wondering how I was going to teach a magic circle ARRRRGGGGGGHHH. Tired now!

The boys went off to school in a silly mood. Today they had JungleSport in the gym where the whole school got to climb. They said it was good fun.

I drove off to Mim's house which seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. She gave me detailed instructions but because everyone here calls Roads by their number and says North or South, I have no idea what they are talking about. For example, go along 1 south and turn east at 5! WHAT!??!??? So anyway, I used my phone GPS which took me along all the tiny roads and it was snowing quite heavily first thing. The roads, because they weren't major, weren't ploughed or Salted and at one point I came across a very very steep downward road. It was scary. Still, it was worth it because her house is beautiful and in the most gorgeous setting. She had made muffins, had cheese and crackers and fruit, coffee and tea ready. We had a really good session and today I taught them how to crochet a hat. It was tough as they only started on the basic stitches last week but they brought along their blankets they started and apart from the edges and some occasional stitches crocheted twice, I think they did really well. We went over some stitches and talked about how to make the edges better and hold the wool and then got on with starting a hat. Now they have a blanket and a hat to continue. Next week we are going to make flowers to adorn the hat. I had lots of lovely texts again about well the morning went and how they are looking forward to the next one. Hurrah.

I didn't have a lot of time when I got back, just enough to get changed and grab my exercise stuff to have my one on one session with ExerciseNic. Today was incredibly tough. She worked me very very hard. Lots of heavy weights, jumping jacks, star jumps, squat jumps, burpees, a couple of planks, sit-ups and press ups.

I came home and had my shower, watched a bit of Call The Midwife, continued the washing that Huffle started, tiidied up and started dinner.

Before I knew it, the kids were home regaling me with their JungleSport adventures and their day. MrsPiano came and they both had their lessons. Dinner was eaten and Huffle took the boys to Scouts and Cubs where they painted cardboard waves for the float for the Winter Carnival parade on Saturday. The leaders had led for cardboard (appliance size) but Small decided they were taking in a small weetabix box. Apparently one of the leaders sent it back and said they didn't need it. Rude! Ha!

No comments: