Tuesday 7 February 2017

I ate everyfin that were purrin front o meh

Forecasts said that we would have freezing rain late last night but by the time we got up this morning, the warning had moved to 9am. By 9 it had moved to 10 and so on and so on until we finally got hit by it around 1pm. All school buses were cancelled and so I decided to walk the kids to school, not wanting to get caught in freezing rain of any kind whilst driving.

I then decided to have a very quick piece of toast and a sip of coffee before heading off to work. Jeff and Jan were there today and we potted up Aquilega, Corydalis, Salvia and more. For coffee break Jan had made some Tropical Shortbread. We left at 1pm when we realised the rain wasn't just rain anymore. My car was encased in ice and our drive was a skating rink again (I put loads of salt down yesterday too).

Huffle had already had his lunch and was on a call in the loft so I ate whilst watching Apple Tree Yard (such a good drama BBC), and then FaceTimed Moo until it was time for me to walk to school and get the kids.

MrRose saw me slide/walking past their house and sent ClownRose out to rescue me. He said I looked like a penguin. ClownRose gave me a lift to school and we slid across the school yard and put the kids in the car. Small, who is taller than us all, squashed himself in the boot (trunk), while MissMoll and Smallest squashed up on the back seat with the baby seat in between them. We all got home safely.

I made dinner and the boys did chores and piano practice. After dinner we decided we weren't taking Smallest to football practice as the roads were too icy. Shame as the 'meeting' was tonight to finish answering the questions the club never answered last time. My question was going to be "was it your intention to leave us waiting for so long that we forgot what we were complaining about?" They allocated us just 15 minutes at the end of the boys practice. Wow, thanks! Later we found out that 1) the club want us to pay an extra $140 per boy as they overcharged one of the boys parents. 2) they want us to commit to next season as they want to get us new kits (bearing in mind the coach that was sacked is our sponsor). 3) new kits means more money from us. 4) there is no official Coach for the upcoming season. 5) ExCoach has caused a stir within the footballing world of the region due to a stinking letter he wrote and sent to many people, including the regional Board. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HISSSSSSSS!

I had some lovely messages today from Mim about crocheting and she has mastered some new stitches, nearly finished a hat and loving how her blanket is looking. I too finished a hat I started last night. Crocheting is SO quick.

 

No comments: