Friday 17 February 2017

The Dinner Party*

Another night of silly dreams. This time I saw a woman (who I used to run with in the UK) driving up and down the road in a fork lift truck. Every time she passed me she shouted my name and I would walk towards her but her brakes didn't work so she would pass me, I would turn around and the same thing kept happening. In the end I went to her house (via a nightclub) for a cup of tea and her cat sat on my head. I was very uncomfortable. I think the dream was to do with us being invited to the old coach's house this evening as she asked if we were allergic to anything and all I could think of was Cats (Huffle has allergy to cats).

So, today was Moo's birthday and we FaceTimed her first thing to watch her open her presents and card from us and from her friends. We didn't have long to talk as she was on her way out. She said she had a nice day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO.

Huffle went off to the office today and the boys went to school. I would have had a nice peaceful breakfast if the dishwasher hadn't needed emptying and half the things in it weren't washed so I couldn't load it fully again and the kitchen needed clearing from the night before and washing needed putting on.

Mid morning I went off to knitting though and finished my lovely two tone socks. I am very happy with them and think they might well become my second favourite pair. When I walked in to knitting everyone was talking. Some looked up as I sat at the table but not one of them said Hello, even when I said Hello. I find this strange and don't understand. Last night Suffolk asked me for measurements of my windows and measurements of what I had cut my fabric to for the blinds. This morning I had a text asking for all the measurements and workings out that Grandma had done when she was here last. Then today at knitting she asked me why I had cut my material to the length I had and I told her I thought she had told me what to cut. Apparently she had been worrying how to tell me I had cut them too short and started telling me that she owed me some new material and she was really sorry. It later turned out that I had measured the wrong window (a longer one) and my material was fine and fit perfectly. I am a Wally.

I forgot my purse (here a purse is a handbag so when I held my handbag saying "I forgot my purse" I got some strange looks) and my car was very on low petrol. Suffolk had to pay for my knitting and then she bought me lunch and followed me home to check I didn't run out of petrol, plus she wanted to check my blind material. For lunch we went to our normal cafe where they were pleased to tell Suffolk they had a dairy and gluten free soup for her but not a vegetarian one for me. They said they had a frozen one I could have if I didn't mind it not being fresh. Unfortunately when it came and I started eating it, I found a piece of ham. They gave me another soup and apologised lots. We go in their all the time and I know it was an accident, plus I didn't eat the ham! At home Suffolk and I had a cup of tea after the shock of realising the blinds were okay so far.

I made dinner, the boys came home and Huffle followed later. We ate our dinner in front of a bit more of Harry Potter and then went out for our evening at the Old Coach's house.

The kids played in LittleCoachs room while we chatted and then the boys (they have a boy and a girl) played FIFA with OldCoach playing very now and then. We sat and chatted, drank wine and ate nibbles until 11:30pm when we finally left. The boys were extremely tired and went straight to bed but Huffle and I had a cup of tea first. OldCoach was talking about when he stayed in London for a short while and mentioned visiting various tourist attractions like The Eye of London. Love it. I had to tell him it was called The London Eye but Huffle and I think it should be rebranded.

We had a good time, I wasn't sure what to expect but it was nice to go somewhere different and they are a nice family. Its a shame our boys aren't playing football together but you never know, they might be in the future depending on what club we chose for Smallest. The kids got to play a lot of FIFA and came away with a few football shirts each.

Hope everyone sleeps in tomorrow. We have no game or anything to get up for so we can be as lazy as we need to be.

*Smallest thought we were going to a dinner party tonight. He got the idea from watching a Simpsons episode.

 

No comments: