Wednesday 8 February 2017

They can whistle for it

There is a big tree in our front garden and it overhangs the porch roof. Yesterday and last night it was completely encased in ice and while we slept (or tried to sleep) the wind blew, the ice broke and shattered on the ice covered roof of the porch. It made such a hullabaloo it kept waking us up. In the end we switched the TV on. Terrible night's sleep.

Smallest didn't sleep well either and he had dreams about football that turned into snowboarding but only he had ski's and he had to slalom (we did watch the Jump last night) around a football. He couldn't do it right and lost his ski, then he lost his friend and his lost ski ended up smashing into a car and making a man very angry. Ummmmmm I wonder where he gets his weird dreaming from!

When the school bus company decide whether the buses are running or not, it is usually around 4am time. At that time this morning, there was still ice everywhere, but by the time we got up, the ice on the roads and our tree had gone. The cars were still covered and our drive was still really bad and the bus was cancelled for our zone. However, I made the decision early on to drive the boys to school as I wanted to get to Exercise which was near the school. I picked up MissMoll and drove the three kids into school and then on to exercise where I was far too early and ExerciseNic hadn't even taken her kids to school yet. She let me into the loft and warned me about the dog water and the fact she hadn't vacuumed. As I was really early, I vacuumed for her and then went on the treadmill for twelve minutes, just a brisk walk but it warmed my feet up and got me ready for the hours session when everyone else turned up. I still hurt from Monday's session.

Afterwards, despite the fact I was dressed in my aerobic gear and snow boots (very attractive I can tell you but not sure anyone bats an eyelid here) I decided to do my food shop plus a stop in Dollarama to get cardboard and cards for the WInter Carnival game Huffle and I are doing as a fund raiser for the Grade 8 Graduation Trip. Honestly, we have put so much money and time into this, it would be cheaper to just pay the full amount. I got everything I wanted and got back by lunchtime which I spent with Huffle. As he needed to get some time away from the phones and take his allotted hour for lunch, we sat and watched Sherlock. This is something we can't watch at night as it sends our brains weird and makes me dream even more.

After lunch I made a start on preparing dinner and made some Leek and Cheese sausages for me and the freezer. I peeled and chopped potatoes and veg and tidied up. ClownRose offered to pick the kids up from school just as I was thinking about walking there and back. My legs were so tired so I was grateful though i did have to call the school as we had a discussion the other day about who they could get in a car with and I don't think we mentioned dear ClownRose.

The boys got a small amount of time on the XBox before dinner and then Smallest and Huffle went to football practice and I took Small to the community Centre to help out with the Sports night for the Winter Carnival again. I did a bit of crocheting and when Huffle and Smallest came home, Huffle picked up Small who had been selling tickets for food (not refereeing as he thought he would be doing).

Temperatures were around -11* today and the wind was biting. The temperature is supposed to stay cold until Friday and then we have big snow coming.

No comments: