Monday 27 February 2017

Rubbish Monday

Listening to the radio (BBC Radio 1) this morning and they decided to call today "rubbish Monday" because they hadn't a good day so far. I thought "oh my day won't be rubbish........".

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUFFLE. Poor Huffle had to go into Toronto for a big meeting that lasted all day. On the train on the way home, Small and I entertained him with lots of snapchats. His train stopped half way for a medical emergency.

As soon as the kids went off to school, I drove to Di's house and then she drove us to Miche's house where met Mim and had our crochet lesson. Today I taught them how to make a flower granny square where we started with a round and ended as a square. They were very happy. Next week we might start an amigurumi (Japanese meaning ami crocheted/knitted nuigurumi stuffed doll).

On the way home I got stopped for speeding. 116 in an 80. To be fair 116 is only just over 60mph but it's still over the limit and I am more annoyed that I got caught as I know I have a heavy foot. Plus I was going down a hill! The policeman was very nice and although I tried the line "I learned to drive in England and the speed limit there is much higher" he came back with "yes, so did my parents". However, he did reduce it down to 15 km over the limit which meant I didnt get any points. He said my records indicate this is not a regular thing. In all my years of driving (since I was 17), I have only been stopped four times and three of those have been here in Canada in the last five years! Ummmmmmmmm. I have to pay a fine of $52.

I didn't have time to eat lunch before my exercise class. Today was ExerciseNics birthday too so I took her a piece of Huffle's cake and a beer. Who can't be cheered with a beer and cake? She changed her session because I said I struggle with a Monday class and Wednesday. Monday's hurts my muscles and by wednesday I can't move so don't put as much work in. So today we worked mainly with weights and arms and abs because Wednesdays is usually lots of leg work. We will see how that goes.

Back home I hurriedly made myself a piece of toast which I burnt terribly. Alarm went off, smoke was everywhere again. I had a good tidy up, emptying of dishwasher, washing put on and a shower before the kids came home. They played basketball for ages before they came in, taking full advantage of the sunshine.

MrsPiano came and the boys had their lessons while I made soup and garlic bread. This evening both boys were invited to an Emergency Animal Hospital for Cubs and scouts. Bearing in mind Huffle was Downtown or on a train, this fell to me to take them. Therefore I made sure dinner was early enough and that we were all ready to go as soon as Piano was done and food eaten. An hour before though we had an email saying it was cancelled for the Cubs but not the Scouts and that Cubs would be on Friday instead at the ski slopes where they would do Tubing! Not fair to be told an hour before and on Friday Small has a try out for a football club. He was most disappointed but Huffle has said that we can all go as a family instead. We decided not to go to the Hospital as it was too complicated with Huffle not at home and Smallest not invited now. So annoying!!!!

Watched Match of the Day2 to see the Leicester goals. YAY? That's better.

Tribute to Ranieri

 

 

No comments: