Friday 24 February 2017

It is what it is!*

Mike the bus driver was driving again today and I made the kids get out earlier just in case. When we checked if it was coming, the bus was parked down the road letting cars pass before he got to our house - they are not supposed to do that! When he got to us, he waved the boys over the road before he put his stop sign out. That's naughty. When they put the stop sign up it means that no cars can pass, on either side of the road, so the cars know they have to stop to let kids cross. You can get many points on your licence plus fines for passing a bus, so the fact that ours parks to let cars pass is ridiculous. Talk about mixed messages. So the kids went off to school. Huffle went into the loft and had a hard stressful day at work, including a late call from his boss.

I went to knitting and did a considerable amount of knitting of my new sock made up of old bits of sock wool. It was a very loud session, everyone wanted to talk and everyone wanted to be heard. Most of us went for lunch too at a really nice place I haven't been to before. It was lovely but still loud! Suffolk and I went and did a bit of window shopping plus some birthday shopping for Huffle who's birthday it is on Monday but he has decided to celebrate it on Sunday as he has to go to Toronto on Monday.

I got home before the kids and had time for a cuppa with Huffle. Small had moved a present from the loft and the boys and I spent forever looking for it as he forgot where he put it. We found it and wrote our cards and wrapped the presents. The boys played on their tablets while I made dinner and practiced Granny Squares which is what my next crochet class is about, among other things.

This evening we watched the end of Pixels and The Jump.

The snow has almost gone and the garden is appearing

*my most hated phrase since being here. I hear it all the time and it's horrible. To me it means NOTHING!

 

No comments: