Thursday 16 February 2017

Principles of Patience

I didn't sleep well last night. Too much in my mind plus I had a terrible dream which was very similar to the Sherlock episode we watched and then I dreamed that the old football Coach wrote a blog and called it "what's the point" and I knew it was about me. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!! Very tired today. On the plus side I don't ache too bad, probably because I didn't work as hard because I ached too much from Monday.

The boys went to school, the snow wasn't bad so the bus was running. Smallest didn't win the colouring contest but did get a participation ribbon and some sweets. Small has been selected for the Math(s) Olympics in March.

After I waved the kids off, I FaceTimed Aunty Miaow and had a lovely chat, had a tour of her new house and watched gorgeous BabyH sleep. Chatting to her was just what I needed. I don't know why we don't speak more often, busy lives I guess but we promised to do it more often.

Today was my first sewing lesson with Suffolk. I was there for about three hours, two and half was actually sewing. I loved it. I made two little bean bags for the kids with chick peas in, learnt the different stitch lengths of my machine and an invisible hand stitch and then I had homework relating to my blinds. It was great and I feel like I have learnt some really useful things that I didn't know before. She is very good.

Huffle had already had his lunch and was in the middle of a call so I had a quick andwich and then went and did a food shop. I had very little tolerance in the supermarket. Everyone was getting on my nerves or in my way. I kept my cool though and sighed very quietly or muttered under my breath. I bought some great things in the sale.

Back home I put the shopping away, the boys came home and we chatted about school and I listened to their piano and Ukulele practice. After dinner Huffle took Small to his football where he got three assists and Smallest and I made flapjack to take as a gift tomorrow as we have been invited to old coach's house for drinks and FIFA. Then we watched Finding Dory.

Big fat North American Robin sitting in our tree

This evening we watched the Pottery Throwdown. He cried, twice. Love it.

 

No comments: