Friday 2 September 2011

Bare Walls and a Bump

Mr Estate Agent has been, we've signed all the papers, he's taken the photos and the house should be on the market mid next week. 

We tried to keep the kids out of the house whilst he was taking the photos so that we could keep the house tidy.

Small and Huffle playing Junior Scrabble in the garden

Smallest playing sticky ball in the background

In the meantime he asked us to try and de-personalise our house a little.

Today my Mum and my friend came round.  I now have hardly any pictures on the walls (hence the Bare Walls title), the photos have nearly all disappeared and most of the ornaments gone.  But you should see my kitchen - aaaaggggghhhhhhh - now those of you that know me, know I like my bits and bobs, chickens, pictures, camper vans, hearts, stuff.  Well  the kitchen is clear and clean and looking much bigger (it echoes now too!).

Huffle and I have packed it all away and dumped it in the shed (for now).

It does look better, it does, honestly - have I convinced myself yet?

Now for the bump...............................................................



Poor Smallest got hit in the head with a Cricket Bat today in the garden.  There he was screaming, blood pouring everywhere.  Mum, Small, Small's friend, me and Smallest all bundled into my car and ran into the local doctors surgery.  Luckily they hadn't quite closed and the Nurse had a look (and fetched the doc too).  He has three steri-strips to keep the wound closed and red blood streaked hair.  We couldn't give him a bath because we needed to keep it dry!  Ahh poor thing.  He had a lovely morning at school and was even the Star of the Day - he gets a soft toy for the weekend, a book to read and he has to draw a picture of what he and the toy did.  Ummm - toy, blood, cricket bat - nice picture.  At least he'll have something for Show and Share on Monday.

Small did say it was an accident and he was very very sorry.




No comments: