Wednesday 21 September 2011

Lunching, Shoes and a Dodgy Door

It was off to the Solicitors today to get various documents signed and verified. In order for us to open a bank account in Canada we needed to have Identity Verification documents witnessed and various other forms verified and signed. All done.

Then we needed to get a letter from our current bank which wasn't quite so forthcoming. But I think we have got round this problem for now.

Various documents are now winging their way to Canada to be processed. Sorted.

As we needed to be in town to see the solicitor and the bank, Huffle and I decided to have lunch together (what again?). Oh Yes. I could get used to this. No children at home, lady of leisure, lady who lunches. Brilliant.



I had a Brie and Cranberry Ciabatta - ooh I love Brie and I only usually have it at Christmas - what a treat. Huffle had Cajan F!! chicken (sorry private joke - certainly not of Guardian quality!!).


This is what I saw on the wall - they had some fabulous pictures there



Fantastic. Karate kid (the original not the new one) is one of my favourite films - it's a classic. Awwwwwwww Mr. Miaggi.


Smallest came home today with someone else's shoes on!  How?  Everyone seems to shop at the same shoe shop - you know the one - you spend a fortune but you know you have to because they do kids shoes and they measure them correctly and its good for their feet - I don't need to tell you which one!  Anyway after much to-ing and fro-ing we ended up with the correct shoes.  HURRAH.

Remember the Tumle Dryer? - well our fridge door has fell off.  Well not fell off exactly, just slipped a bit.  Our kindly neighbour came to look but there is nothing that can be done.  So a swift kick and a slam is now needed to keep the door tightly closed (at the fridge, not the neighbour!).  I did think about calling my friends at DR Electrical but decided against it, even though I know it would give me somethign interesting to write about.


A friend of mine (well a stalker really! only joking Squirrel) has started her own blog.  Go and have a look - she'd be very happy to see you. http://cottondaisies.blogspot.com.


OOh nearly forgot - we have a viewing booked for a week on Friday.  Wahoo.

2 comments:

CottonSocks said...

Good news re the viewing - we are keeping all our fingers toes and anything else crossed that can be crossed for you.

Thanks for the blog mention - lets hope I get some followers - I have also added myself to your followers list.

Also kindly neighbour says thanks for the mention - sorry he couldn't help, but a quick kick should sort it out - to the kindly neighbour - oh no, the fridge, sorry.

Don't like to seem like magpies but I'm sure will be glad to see the back of it - if your tumble dryer is going could we please have first refusal?

Take care, keep smiling

Squirrel x

Clare said...

Out to lunch again - get you!

Jumbleberries xx