Sunday 25 September 2011

We plough the fields and scatter.......

Yesterday we went to our friends "The Elderflowers Meadows" and sorted through her toys for her to sell on e-bay (I bought a few small pieces but don't tell Huffle as I'm not supposed to be buying anything new - It was just a couple of Brio bits for the Train Track). 

Then it was off to Grandmas for dinner with the Cousins.  (Grandma definitely did not burn the beans!)

Grandad helped us to pick some veggies for our Harvest Boxes.





SUNDAY

Today we made up the harvest boxes for Small and Smallest to present at the School Harvest Festival.  There will be a service in the local church tomorrow morning.

Mr.Nosey the Tomato

An onion the size of Huffle's head - That's big!
Smallest showing how big his Onion is - Grandad REALLY grew this!

Small's Mr. Nosey


They loved colouring in their boxes and adding stickers.  We printed a couple of photos to add to them too and then filled them with produce from our own garden and Grandads.  LOVELY - I'm sure the recipients will be pleased.

Small's Harvest Box

Smallest's Harvest Box


Then we had a visit from Aunty K (another Moral Guardian) and Uncle N - we ate chocolate biscuits, played lego and lotto.

Uncle N making a lego dinosaur

Chocolate Biscuit anyone?


I have sold my bike, swapped the Bureau for a North Face Fleece Coat (well I'll need it in Canada), sold our cabinet and Moo has her eye on the Iron, Microwave, Hedge Cutters and Lawn Mower.  Bit by bit we are clearing the house.


Still no new viewings (just the one on Friday).


Moo and I are off to London for the day tomorrow to visit Aunty A and do some shopping - not me of course I will be watching them shop!!


Oh I have just been called by Huffle.....................................


Oh now that definitely has my name on it! hic.

2 comments:

CottonSocks said...

Well, your harvest boxes put mine to shame! They look absolutely gorgeous. I only remembered to do it as our neighbour was doing theirs. Good job I had been to the allotment - mind you, don't think they will appreciate wonky carrots!

My Boy also has his eye on your basketball hoop if you are selling that. Sorry for being cheeky, just trying to help.

Looks like you had a really nice afternoon with your family.

Love Sq x

Anonymous said...

Well I am so enjoying my daily reading of 3 blogs now Squirrel has one.

Fabulous as usual Famfa. xx