Friday 8 June 2012

Another shower? Are you serious?

PA day. Small slept in till 8 which for him is unheard of. Smallest crept in at 6:50 "can I get up yet or can I come in your bed?". "you can come in here but if you're going to start chattering you can go downstairs cos I'm not ready to wake up yet!" and he was gone. He told Huffle that I said go away if you're going to be noisy!

Huffle went off to work with the promise of finishing early.

Smallest had a bath while Small had a shower (not without lots of protestations) then they both did some chores and finally went on the computer. They were promised an hour each on their own or half an hour with the other watching, i.e. I didn't want them to spend two hours straight on the computer in one go! They chose half an hour each. Before Small's half hour finished his friend rang and asked if he could come and play. We said yes and him and his sister came over and they played on the wii. After a while I made them go into the garden to get some fresh air - it was a fabulous day today.

By lunchtime we walked back to their house to check if it was okay for them to have lunch at ours. It was. They had a picnic on the grass. They were shouting at the man next door. Huffle and I call him Otto Blotto after the Simpsons character because there is always a smell of weed wandering across the hedge! The boys were shouting, there's Otto Blotto, ha ha ha, there he is, Hello Otto! I had to ask them not to do that as he does have a proper name. He shouted something back about his dog coming under the hedge to them - I hope he wasn't being nasty! When they finished eating they decided they wanted to play at their friends house. Typical, eat my food and leave me!! So I walked them across. Their Mum said she would walk them back at 2:30 as she had an appointment this afternoon.

I decided to take advantage of the peace and got my sunbed out. I read a magazine and drew. Well before 2:30 I saw my boys coming back with their friends mum. She left them at the gate without speaking and walked away. The boys came in and said they didn't like their friend anymore and that he attacked Smallest, bit him and threatened to stab them with a knife. I wondered why the Mum hadn't said anything so I rang her. She didn't volunteer anything when I told her who I was so I said "is everything okay?". She said that her son had behaved in a manner that was very unlike him and she thought the best thing to do was to end the play session. No mention of biting, no mention of anything. She said "thanks for ringing". I was amazed. I wondered whether she was blaming mine, although I did ask her if she thought mine had done anything out of order and she said No she didn't think so! Now I have noticed that here, if a child say in a supermarket grabs you or steps on you for example, the parents never say "oh sorry" and say anything to the child. They just ignore that the child has done anything. I find that very rude but is that just the way they are here? Is that not considered rude wherever you are? Should their friend's mum not have said something? If mine had done anything I would have marched them round there to apologise as well as apologise for them! I would be horrified. Surely that's just normal?

Oh well that was my peace over. I got the mini trampoline out for them and they played for about ten minutes then got bored. It was still really hot so I sent them in for a cool and let Smallest have his half an hour on the computer and booked an appointment for Small to have his hair cut.

I raked the grass. Cleaned a bathroom. Emptied and filled the dishwasher. Did two loads of laundry. Then we went and walked to the hairdressers in the blistering heat and got Small's haircut. After she had finished we got an ice lolly and sat on the bench in front of the Community Garden.

 

Huffle called and said he was on his way, so we headed home. On the way we passed the daycare and all the kids came to the fence shouting Hi Small, Hi Smallest. They have a proper fan club over here. Huffle drove past and picked the boys and their scooters up. I refused. I wanted to walk even though it was really hot. It was MY time.

The boys insisted Huffle play football when he had got changed. There was a lot of shouting from smallest who was obviously struggling to keep it together. we had a good run around and then I gave up and sat on the sunbed and watched.

I told Smallest to go inside and get a hat because it was still very hot! He couldn't find his normal cap so put on his foam crown. The wally! He said "well it is a hat Mummy!"

Ooh look, there's my feet!

This ball was just about to hit Smallest in the face

Me and the boys had a quick game of Monopoly Deal in the shade whilst Huffle put on some pasta for them.

As Small had had his hair cut, Huffle told him he had to have a shower, else all the cut bits of hair would come out in his bed and make him itchy! Oh my goodness, two showers in one day? Three showers in two days? Are we mad? Why would we suggest such a thing? Huffle said he looked at us as though we were barking mad! He was not at all happy!

When he got out of the shower he said "Guess how many hairs came out when I washed it?" "one". Oh dear. What a waste of time. He said "I didn't wash myself just my hair!". Of course, he's a smelly boy!

Huffle made our dinner too (lovely man, always said!) and the boys watched TV whilst we ate.

Huffle has a flag up at work for the European Championships - C'mon England!! Huffle has just read that British Summer has been cancelled.

Oh dear.

Not wishing to brag about our glorious summer, I burnt the bit that I call my watch strap. Normally I wear a watch everyday without fail and I always have a white band, but today I forgot to put it on and I burnt that part - ouch.

I also just hit my little toe on the corner of the wall bit that juts out. I think I broke one of my toes here on the same bit as it now has a bump on it and it's sore - many months on! This time I cut it and it bled. Poor me, Smallest says I am Mrs Bump!

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how we envy yr sunshine. Cloudy here but no rain forecast for today. We put gazebo up when it hot, the weight of the rain nearly collapsed it so it's back in garage already! X

HB said...

Glad to see smallest is managing to stay calmer now ( yeyyy ) glad everything is going well. will try and sort out the google thin today.
HB xxx