Thursday 14 June 2012

Watch your feet!

Huffle and I had a bad night's sleep. Too much on our minds. I did some relaxation exercises I learnt in Drama and Yoga. It helped. At the end you have to imagine yourself in a nice place, a relaxing place. I went onto a deserted beach and watched the water and Huffle went to Grace Road Cricket Ground. He said it was a shame it was empty but at least it was quiet.

Grinmoo slept well. Smallest went and got in bed with her and all I could hear was 'Paco Paco' 'Paco Paco'. I feel I need to explain. Two years ago, Huffle and I went to Naples (Grinmoo had the boys for us). On one of the streets we walked along there was a cold drink and fresh fruit portable stand called PacoPaco. Huffle would see the sign, tweek my bottom and say 'Paco Paco' in a high Italian voice. Of course, now we all do this - not to strangers, you understand, well not complete strangers! Well, now you know.

Huffle went to work early. Small went to school. Smallest, Moo and I went to the library. Moo got a hug from Nan the instant she walked in. We chose some books, coloured in a fire engine and Smallest drew me a picture of our house, barn and Jungle Gym.

We drove to our local town with the intention of going swimming. Moo always took the boys swimming when they stayed with her so they connect Moo with Swimming. When I told Smallest he would be going swimming with Moo, he said "what, am I going to stay at her house then?". "No, because her house is in England" I said. "Am I going to England by myself then?" he said. "No because she is here you silly billy!". Anyway, we went into the Leisure Centre and asked when the public swim sessions were. "do you mean leezure? oh there isn't one today" said the receptionist. What about tomorrow? "oh yes! 7:30 to 9:00". Moo said "in the morning?". "Oh no, evening - it's family swim time". How is that family time? Surely children should be in bed and parents should be relaxing? Anyway we have found another one in another town that has a public swim (or leezure) tomorrow mid morning. PAH!

We stopped at the coffee shop and had a 'little something' ........

Smallest read to Moo (he read beautifully)

.............and then walked to the park. Whilst there, Smallest needed to go to the toilet. I asked a man working in the park "is there a washroom here?". He didn't understand me. "a bathroom?" Still didn't understand me "a toilet, a loo, somewhere my child can wee?". I didn't say that last bit. NO there wasn't. He had to wee up a tree!

Smallest climbing a fish!

Came home, played in the garden. Had lunch. Played football, basketball, played on the swing. Moo and I got some sunbathing and relaxing and reading done. We emailed.

A mermaid? No a Moo trying to brown the backs of her legs!
English Woman abroad!
What an action shot!
....and another!
Small came home and we got in the car and drove to the local farmers market. The boys weren't impressed but they did get to taste some things. We bought some cabbage plants and learned that you can eat the shoots off the garlic plant when they sprout. I.e. just before they go to seed. You use them like normal garlic, in soups, etc. ummmm, will be trying that when our garlic grows more. Came home and started dinner. The boys asked for meatballs and spaghetti. Moo made the veggie version under my supervision and I made the meat ones. She ate a tiny bit of tuna today. She is a vegetarian whereas I am a pescatorian (don't know if that is the right word. I don't eat meat but do eat fish). She wants to eat fish but doesn't know how to start. We are going to get her eating some before she goes. The boys ate their dinner on their own as Huffle sent a message to say he would be late.

Moo went out to put some water in the bird bath, we told her to use the outside tap. It is a bit forceful when you first turn it on, so Small and I watched her from the house, with our camera poised too! He he, she got a bit wet! Whoops!

We played outside again. Huffle came home and we (grown ups) had dinner whilst the boys watched TV.

Small has had his first mosquito bite. He said "well that's me dead then, what if they eat me!". I don't think they will, I think they are too busy eating your Mummy!

Moo put the boys to bed.

Hello to my new reader Miss Contrary (yes that's you, the buyer of the Cola Bottles for Huffle). He is very grateful, thank you. P.s. Moo says you are not a 'contrary' person but I chose your name because of a well known rhyme.

Thank you also to all of you who have offered advice, thoughtful words, re Smallest and my visit with Jubilee Lady. It is much appreciated. X

No comments: